28 posts in this topic

Ok, here we go boys and girls. Some great catches from the surf in Delaware. Stripers are here and should be increasing in appearances for the anglers. Keeper Flounder is also coming out of the surf as well. Blues up to 33" are being landed, but some are chewing through mono leader like it was butter.

Feel free to post your Delaware surf reports here and good luck to all anglers.:happy7:

Just a friendly reminder to support the fishing clubs who are fighting to keep your access open to our wonderful beaches.

I am headed south, but thought I would post some info for all fishing the surf in Delaware. Some stripers have been taken at CHSP, but the majority have been taken from 3R's south to Bethany-Fenwick. I heard there was a slob caught today on 3R's.:happy7:

What is a slob???????????????

5852a5934b0d1_Stripertrips014.jpg.29cd38This size or bigger may be a slob.I think,That is a 48" cooler

fished Saturday a.m. through afternoon. What a beauty of a day. Managed a schweeet 37" at high tide.

5852a5936e445_striper50110.jpg.7f5080b83

Got on the sand for the first time this year, spent a few hours at 3R's.....Nothing. I did get to meet Morty at the pumps though. Going to give it another shot in the AM.

Fished 3r's Friday from around 3 - 7:30 saw 1 stripper, I hooked up a little 3' shark and a skate. Saturday started off around 9:15 at 3r's but it was a little to crowded for me. I like my space. Went up north of the inlet across from Savages Ditch not much was happening there another skate and a couple of horseshoe crabs. Ended up heading to South Bethany around 2 and fished til 6 nothing. It seems to be hit or miss out there. Hook'em & Cook'em stated that quite a few had been pulled from the surf over the past week.

Went to AI Saturday and din't even get a pulldown. Went to 3R's on Saturday and got 1 pulldown and scored 1 fish at 42". Post a pick later. It was good to meet you Tim. The pleasure was all mine.

Ended up only pulling in a stingray saturday, SOB broke my reel, and i decided it was time for a new rod/reel setup. Ended up finishing the day with a 7ft pole, with Clam, and i think it barely fed the crabs.

Fished 3Rs from 9:15am to 3:45pm on Saturday. Skunk-o-rama. Saw 2 stripers and a dozen skates pulled all day, that was it. From 11:30pm to 3:30pm there wasn't one bent rod in either direction, and that is a lot of rods. A rod in the sand ever 50ft or so, very crowded. The people around me were friendly so we had a good fun day regardless. Only thing I took home was a hell of a sunburn.

fished 3'rs saturday 6am to 2 pm....i didnt see anyone cathch anything in either direction from where i was, so im glad after reading on here that someone DID!!! catch some fish, Great fish Trimlc!!!....3 skates and a horsheshoe crab for my dad and me....will try again this week

WTG Trimmy:icon_pray:

I see the candy store was open this weekend. I was in the south pocket on the north end of the beach Sunday. What did it look like from your vantage point?:happy7:

I fished 3R's today again from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. A total of 6 skates and a crab I've never seen the likes of before. Can anyone tell me what this critter is?

5852a593823a6_3Rs003.jpg.685ff625e721bb2

5852a59386f9f_3Rs004.jpg.9a3193bb120c3e9

Bill57...cant resist this...If you see any more strippers caught...make sure you send them to my Vehicle for a good scoldin!!!:happy7:

Otherwise...hope you catch some stripers real soon. Keep up the good work!:eusa_dance:

fished friday, saturday and monday at 3r's. managed one striper on friday and monday and they were the only two bites I had. The fish I am holding was fridays @ 31 inches and the other one is the 36 incher I caught on monday.

IMG00085.jpg.f7dcb72bc5b6c605f24372fc132

IMG00084.jpg.3ab45c0808d36752be6924c700f

nice fish!

Good Stuff Bluegilltomarlin....thats perseverance for ya....

Nice striper there Trim! I think I know who took that pic! :icon_pirat:

I hooked a 32 inch striper after you left, just up a bit from where you were. For me it was nice because it was my first one from the beach.

Allright I can finally upload pictures. A few from last Thursday. 37", 38", and a 48" that went 45#. Also not pictured is a 19" flounder.

IMG_5378.JPG.d0e9b2e623f3e446f676dd48f85

IMG_5383.JPG.7ad925dc38bce87fcbe02659d80

Good lord...thats a biggun for DE....WTG!!

Thursday night I was able to take several keepers, caught them on light tackle what a blast. 36" and 33" stripers.

DSCN0699.jpg.d7033edf71c0c70499047cef7fb

DSCN0708.jpg.b5fd83a5dddeedb55e41eaa88a0