6 posts in this topic

Renewed my Surf Permit, and have a new rod being shipped to me this week. With that being said I decided to call off sick and spend the day (thursday) fishing. I think i read the High tide will be at 8:45am; my plan is to get there around 6am, and fish to atleast 12pm before packing it up and chasing croakers closer to home. My question is do you guys know when the stores with the BAIT open up.. I read that Old Inlet opens at 7am (too late), are there others ?

Side Question: I was thinking about fishing 3r's, but have fished most of the other spots. Is there any other aera procuding better than 3r's?

If you see me stop by and say HI.. 2006 Gray Dodge Durango..

KMW...i dont know of any other spots that sell bait in the DE area earlier than that. I usually come down the maryland way...picking my bait up on the way down from Bucks Place or somewhere closer to the Bay Bridge. sorry to be of no help.....

I fish 3r's frequently as well...I like the sand between my toes. However, dont have too much experience with other spots...other than IRInlet...which is always a good spot to try.

When you come own where do you normally go to get your bait. The reason i aske is bc I called most of the tackle shops in DE an they aren't even shore if they're getting any in before friday..

Bills In Rehobeth opens up at 6 am if I am not mistaken. 2 weeks ago they told me they get their bunker on Fridays. They stay open later as well. I usually hit them up on my way down from Maryland.

Unfortunately this time of year things are not opening as early as in the summer months, that will all change soon. Hook 'em & Cook 'em at both Indian River and South Bethany are open at 6am on Friday and Saturday. Fresh bunker all depends on our commercial guys getting out that determines if we get fresh bunker or not. Best thing is to call either 302-226-8220 or 305-539-6243 to find out if the bait came in.

Yeah,If you are like me and like to be leaving the inlet just before light,I need to adress the bait issue the day before.Tho some convenience stores carry bloodworms and night crawlers,and are open 24 hours.