6 posts in this topic

Well it appears at long last the first big schools of blues are starting to show in the Va Beach area giving us shorebound anglers something to finally catch along with the croakers which have picked up over the last week or so!

Check the ususal places from Sandbridge all the way up to Cape Henry to the CBBT and to The Spit and take your light tackle and Gotcha plug with you and ya should be able to get into a few.

Looks like I will get my gear ready and do the same, nothing like pluging on light tackle, fun stuff!

While a few and very few small flounder have been picked up from the shore, look for that to improve over the next few weeks (according to my logs :happy7:) if we can get some decent air temps warming the water up just a touch more!

By the way, blues have been mostly Taylor's with a few bigger ones mixed in, but by no means have the 5#+ blues showed up yet!

Blues showed up at Rudee this week. I heard where the pound nets were catching some big croakers.

hit the beach down in sandbridge last night with matt, nadda, undertoe was strong moving 8oz around. all we had was some nasty frozen mullet but no bites, no nothing...hopefully soon.

Blues at the Spit today! Was game on and hope it is tomorrow again too for a lite tackle blast :3some:

Fished the WSJ last monday 4-19 after work not even a bump