11 posts in this topic

...wnw 15 to 25 kts & waves 2/3' :( guess I'll have to wait till sunday now :|

gonna' leave from SP and chum it-up at Love Pt :mrgreen: takin' the wife 8) & cousin Phil :roll:

got a new rod 'n reel to try-out :) bought a 8' Falcon Coastal & a Shimano Stradic 6000FH(#34 :mrgreen: ).....yeah... I know, it's a sickness :oops:

and Sunday wasn't much better. still blowing 15 to 20 wnw, so we anchored a little bit more leeward on the backside of Love Pt. got lines in the water and before I could get the chum buckets out and a slick going, Barb hooked up a nice double-header of White Perch 8) and a min later, Phill hooked-up a small @18" striper. then nothing for 2 hours :o but when the bite hit, it hit good. we were catching W/P 2 at a time for @ an hour. I had a W/P on a live bait hook, just free swimming and my 3500 Baitrunner started screaming and the line was going from right to left over & under 2 of Philips lines, so it got crossed-up and lost it :cry:

then, I hear Barb screaming from up on the bow, seems she was casting into the wind and something happend, not sure but all I know is she was hooked in the chin wth a hook :shock: well after @5 mins, I finally got the hook to pop thru, making a second hole, cut the barb from Brabs chin and pulled it out....whew 8) well she sat down for a few mins to collect her thoughts and before I knew it, she asked me to tie on alnothe Sabiki and thats when the fun started... @10mins later she hooks into a @20lb Ray, under the boat, around the anchor line, back of the boat what a fight :!: she did good and that ugly stick got one hell of a work-out :!:

well we caught @5 total "jail-bait" stripers and @30 WP, Barbara caught 2 more Rays(one was @30lbs) I hooked one and so did Phil, both @20lbs each. after 4pm the winds calmed down and it got reel nice, got some great sun-set pics that I'll have Barb post up :mrgreen:

sounds like a great time! (uh - minus the hook in the chin! :shock: )

Wow, what a day! Sorry to hear about the hook in the chin. I know it had to be bad if you had to push it through to cut the barb off.. :shock: What a trooper to get back to fishing! I am glad to hear about all the fishing and catching! Good job and great report. Did ya happen to get any pictures?

yeah, Barb took a bunch of pics and some video but the one thing I didn't post about or get a pictuer of was just to gruesome....one of my live baited W/P was reeled in and something had just sucked the life out of it :!: I meen it was just a head wth some bones and a tail :!: it was alive and free swimming and after about 15mins, I reeled it in, yuk what a nightmare that perch looked like, in all my years of fishing I've never seen anything like it :!:

She's a trooper Randy, ouch!

Overall, sounded like a fun day.

She's a trooper Randy, ouch!

Overall, sounded like a fun day.

:lol: yeah, she's a keeper :mrgreen: now that I think about it, prob my personel best catch ever :wink:

Saturday looks ok, Thursday being the storm passage.

Coop, yer gonna' hav'ta find another rip....

I am done striper fishing,,,not worry about cuts until early september,,,yakin for shark now :D and a little king and flounder fishing.

So pretty much anywhere will work for that?

Ya think this blow will bring bigger stuff in range?

Or better king fishin'?

for yakin,,,IMO anywhere is as good as any,,,if I was casting for sharks, I would probably look for a cut,,,I would like to think biggons will be trolling outside the bar after the storm, what we really need is some warm water in here,,,maybe the storm will bring in some,,,not really sure if its really going to blow tho,,,tropical/hurricanes can be fickel (sp),,,but I still think we have a couple weeks until the really big critters,,,cant wait for big pull :D .,,,mmm, may have to give it a shot tomorrow evening, gotta break in the new reel and rods.