137 posts in this topic

Fish thurs am for a couple hours and managed one fish and then the skates showed.

[ATTACH]9571[/ATTACH]

Very nice fish, Chris!

I guess I'll post one more report here for the end of April even know all the good fish were caught today may 1st. Went out to North <acronym title="Ocean City"><acronym title="Ocean City">OC</acronym></acronym> with my cousin and his boss and friend tore into the skates for a good hour. A couple big take downs on my pole with bunker head but when i picked up the pole they let go. Other than that nothing else all night. So we left at 12 and i came back out at 530 am. I hooked into a 40 incher by about 615 on a bunker chunk and while i was pulling the hook out a fish was slamming down my other pole pulled it in and it measured about 37. Can't go wrong with a 2 banger first thing in the morning. So i let the second one go and kept the first one in hopes to catch a bigger one. Then about 30 minutes passed and i hooked up with another 37. Let him go as well. I was only going to keep 1 fish but i got a call from my cousin asking me to bring him some rock fish so i figured i had to tough it out and try and get him one before i headed back home. About 2 hours passed and i hooked up with a 39. So in the cooler and away i go. No skates at all today thank god. Gonna probably make another trip out early tomorrow again. Heres some pics sorry about the blurry left side i had some fish guts on my cell phone camera lens

5852a5933c2aa_doublerockmay1st.jpg.e65d1

5852a59340498_rockmay1stsolo.jpg.4374243

5852a593451fa_Rockmay1stsun.jpg.b26639f2

Got back from AI just about an hour ago. Met Sam, Dave, Oliver and Dave at Harbor Tackle Wednesday afternoon and hung out until Bev's Bunker came in. Hit the beach about 3:30 and watched Sam and Dave pull in their fish. Played catch up with Oliver but my 5 skates were no match for his 14 that day. Went back on my own Thursday and Friday - nothing but skates for a total of 20 in 3 days - most of them on one particular pole ! Hey Oliver it took me 3 days but I beat you ! LOL

It was great to meet and fish with you guys. I look forward to doing it again next time I come down. Dave ( OCsnapper ) thanks for your generosity. Best of luck to you and congrats on those two beauties !

Rich it was nice meeting you and the next time you come down just let me know and I'll try and make it out....

Nice fish everyone!

Geez Sam, is it really as cold as you are dressed for?

I've been going out on the Chessie in a t-shirt and shorts.

Nice fish everyone!

Geez Sam, is it really as cold as you are dressed for?

I've been going out on the Chessie in a t-shirt and shorts.

Yep. It gets pretty chilly with the wind blowing off the ocean.

Great job everyone. Jsmoothie, sounds like an awesome outing. I especially like that picture with the sun in the left hand corner. Look like a superhero or something. I spent the weekend in Williamsport, PA. Hit the susquehanna and caught some smallies. As fun as it was, I'm now jealous of all of you. I WILL be in OC May 15th. Save some of those striped ones for me........ please!!

Jsmoothie.....nice!! I had the same thing with bunker heads about 6 times these last couple weeks as well....but every once in a while the hook finds em. :happy7:

Here's the biggest from this weekend.41"

IMG_5377.jpg.f33447c87f47f3e726819af5805

Andy missed a fish this weekend and I saw a side of him, I have never seen before. It was kinda scary.

5852a593a4df1_NewSprayonTan.jpg.95d2df80

Andy nice fish, Hope to see you guys real soon. How is that new rod. Stan