4 posts in this topic

4/10/2010

This past weekend was significantly better, but not great yet. The wormer weather is bringing the fish towards the banks. Just fishing around the shore line I had loads of bites from small pan fish. I even pulled in my far share. I even walked down to the river and caught some. I missed a nice bass in the shallows; she nailed my top water rig, jumped completely out of the water and spit it back at me. And those are the ones that keep you coming back. I only got to go fishing an hour here and there.

The shifter cable on the bass boat broke, so I had to go on foot patrol this weekend. Theres nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed being out and walking around and seeing all sorts of things you wouldn’t see from a boat. Also when I was down in the river I could see 8 or 10 fish in a school about as long as my arm. I tried my best to get there attention but I was unsuccessful. I even hit one of them with a plug. I’m guessing they could be catfish or carp. I though I saw one roll over, it looked like I could see something there size that was white for a moment. Maybe time will tell, ill go do some further investigating.

fish that big, in schools and rolling...well yeah, those are carp. Fun to catch but worthless if you're looking for a meal. Try bottom fishing the area with pieces of corn. If you want to get fancy, get a box of wheaties and a bucket of water. grab a handful of wheaties, crush them and shove your hand into the bucket of water. This will turn them into a dough ball. Carp LOVE wheaties balls. Don't ask where i learned that because I don't remember, I just know I've never had a boring day when fishing with them.. Unfortunately I never remember to take them when I'm gonna be in carp infested waters :)

Yeah I'll have to try that out one day this week. I'll lit you know how it goes. Thanks bro!

Same as Me, just "pan fish " and one 8" bass. Still pending the BIG one :confused1: