10 posts in this topic

I hit the Washington Marina looking for some LMB and snakeheads....I found the bass a bunch of bucks[small males]...the lures of choice was swim jigs , sweet beaves, and crankbaits...nothing big on this trip ...the yr is still young :happy6:

5852a59109f3f_spingfishing10010.jpg.662f

5852a5911183d_spingfishing10011.jpg.4cd3

5852a591164ae_spingfishing10014.jpg.cf83

5852a5911a3c7_spingfishing10015.jpg.e345

5852a5911f493_spingfishing10016.jpg.fa7e

5852a59123381_spingfishing10017.jpg.5d7d

Dre, have you ever caught a snakehead? If so, what's the lure of choice? My house is near Piscataway creek and apparently that's, per a NatGeo special I saw, within their triangle of habitation. I've never went out specifically for them, but it has definitely crossed my mind.

oh, and nice fish! I went out to a local pond today and caught a bass off a yamasenko. It ain't worth posting a picture of it though; he just a wee guy.

Very nice! Thanks for the pictures. :icon_salut:

Washington Marina

Hi Dre,

Question? how do you acces the W.Marina, I live in the North of Virginia ( loudoun ) and we go to DC by RT50 or 66 to end up on Constitutions Ave, the Marina is the area by Jefferson monument?... and the last question, just to make sure do you need a DC fishing licenses or Virginia Lic. is good enough.

I Never fish in DC but I see people fishing in the river by the the monument area.

Thanks for the info.

I google the Marina and I have Main Ave SW, is this correct ? is this public acces ?...

I used to sell snakeheads out of a pet shop when I was a Kid...those things will eat anything that wiggles

Hi J300

I caught two so far my first in 05 she went 8 1/2 lbs my second was last yr she went just over 5 lbs I picked her up at the W. marina ..just before she hit I saw 4 three nice one and 1 dink......I caught the first one on a spinnerbait the second on a crankbait.....Piscataway,mattawoman, swan all has Snakeheads...I posted pics of the second snakehead on this board last yr...Do a search the pics should be here

Hi Wdinarte

The Marina is on your side of the potomac [ VA ]...from 66 hit GW parkway and go south pass Regan national .Slow down because you need to make a left just pass the airport ....I have a D.C. Lic and I live in MD so I would geuss your VA lic should be good ...try and google Washington sailboat marina ...In the last pic I posted the parking lot is at Reagan National

I hope this helps:blob8: