12 posts in this topic

Hi all, long time lurker 1st time poster.

I will be down in the <ACRONYM title="Ocean City">OC</ACRONYM> Area Fri AM though Sat PM. My boat is not in the marina yet (Bay Deck Boat) so I will be doing some fishing from shore.

Was thinking of thowing a line off the inlet or maybe even heading over to <ACRONYM title="Assateague Island">AI</ACRONYM> ranger station and doing some surf fishing at dusk into the evening.

Any suggestions on what to use and what I might catch.. Dont really care too much, I just need to feed the spring fever and get a line wet in this awesome weather we are having.

Looking forward to launching the boat and hitting the start of flounder end of April.

bloodworms are $$ but that's probably one of the better baits you could use right now i would assume, since i doubt peeler crab is available right now. you should have some good wind it looks like east-southest winds through fiday night. you might end up catching something

also clams forgot about them. they're probably cheaper than bloodworms too i'm sure. and i read a post on here that said that harbor tackle has bunker. the most important bait you need to bring though is coors light heheheh

Stephen gave you some good info...you could also fish off the inlet pier at the south end of ocean city. With this weather, theres sure to be some fish there...and its close to where youll be...bloodworms, top and bottom rigs...ask em whats going on as well. If you rlooking for peace and the beach...AI for sure...or you could go out front of O.C. I think the water temps should be 50 degrees this weekend in the surf...so something should be bitin...

I am writing this while sitting at the applebees bar at the foot of the route 50 bridge.

Hit the inlet today. Used finger mullet and a slip bobbet set to 10 foot or so. Beach was packed and there was a good number of fisherman at the inlet. Think I got a little sun burn. PERFECT cure to a little spring feaver..

As far as the coors goes.. Hit the applebees as soon as the 6 pack was gone.

No fish anywhere to be seen but it was a much needed day off work.

Looking foward to launching the boat in 2 weeks and floating the inlet and back bays.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Ill see if I can get some bloods or clam for tomorrowmm ai day.

Rich

Btw I al always looking for company on the boat once launched!

Thanks for the report and good luck on AI tomorrow. :icon_thumright:

hahaha i sound pretty cheap in those posts i made!! didn't mean to sound like that, but for organisms that live and procreate in dirt, bloodworms are pretty expensive. actually, to tell you the truth i am a cheap___ !!! ahahha just joking. well, not really. J/K!! hahah, i guess this is one of those friday night posts i like to make in forums i frequent. Ahh well, can't wait to fish again, cheers

hahaha i sound pretty cheap in those posts i made!! didn't mean to sound like that, but for organisms that live and procreate in dirt, bloodworms are pretty expensive.

10BW x $10 I will say YES

It is amazing how much money we spend on things like worms, dirt, water..

It is amazing how much money we spend on things like worms, dirt, water..<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Yeap, fishing is my saving acc.

Yes.. it cost a fortune to do things you enjoy it seems.. Try keeping a saltwater reef tank.. talk about expensive. but what i can i say, i love it as much as fishing.

Never made it to AI, powerwahed the house and nursed a hangover instead.

Looking foward to meeting some of you and doing some fishing this season.. Took care of my slip at pines point today, so i am ready to roll.

We all go nuts over the price of gas, but, rarely say anything about the $ 15.00 a gallon we pay for bottled water (which is nothing more than Carbon Filtered)