33 posts in this topic

Wow, what great weather for the first weekend of April. I hope all of you are able to get out an wet a line or two. There has been a few keepers caught out of the suds. Most have been caught off Bloodworms, but some have been taken on Bunker as well.

Feel free to post your reports here. Best of luck to everyone.

Nothing happening at CHSP yesterday or today, but the weather was fantastic.

If i was a bettin man....this weekend looks pretty schweeet on the beachfront 4 some rod pullage....wind / tide / temp r lining up...:icon_thumleft:

If i was a bettin man....this weekend looks pretty schweeet on the beachfront 4 some rod pullage....wind / tide / temp r lining up...:icon_thumleft:

Agreed! Winds blowing out of the S/E and water temps look like they are rising. We could see some decent action from the surf this weekend.:icon_thumleft:

5852a58fc8ca8_delmarva-water-t101.jpg.d4

Im heading down From Maryland Saturday and Sunday...Ive been told that some of the hotels in the area of IRI offer "Fisherman rates" anyone else heard this?

I was thinking about sleeping in the truck on the beach. I was going to leave a rod out with just a sinker on it close to the shore in case a Ranger comes by, what do you guys think????

Where abouts are you guys going to be. I think I might start at CHSP, and then 3 R's. Are ALL the crossings open everywhere?

As of last week...all the areas were open. AS far as sleeping in your truck....its not encouraged or allowed...but i take cat naps in the middle of the night all the time....just keep it on the DownLow...and you should be good.

not a good idea, especially if there is any type of grass/weeds in the water.

not a good idea, especially if there is any type of grass/weeds in the water.
Very good point.

Ill be down there Sunday in a big White Surburban pretending like I know what Im doing!

Hit the beach from Friday 10:30 p.m. to Saturday 10:00 a.m. targeted the High tide on friday night about 11:30 and outgoing afterward. Heres how it went: Skate, Dogfish, Skate, dogfish, Skate, Dogfish, Dogfish, Ect...for about 40 more times between the two of us. We were really hopin for a striped one in the mix, especially when we could tell there was some head / tail shake on the other end of the line during the fight...but not to be. honestly, it was damn nice to catch some critters...my arm is sore as the doggies aveeraged 3 feet. Note to Hulk...napped for a couple hours at 0:dark hundred..left the rods in the spikes with the sinkers on the sand beneath 'em...no worries.

Bucks Place had just gotten in 600 pounds of bunker that was still kicken an hour before we got there. Awesome!!...like the fact that they are open till 10:00 on fridays for us out-of-towners....

Hit the beach from Friday 10:30 p.m. to Saturday 10:00 a.m. targeted the High tide on friday night about 11:30 and outgoing afterward. Heres how it went: Skate, Dogfish, Skate, dogfish, Skate, Dogfish, Dogfish, Ect...for about 40 more times between the two of us. We were really hopin for a striped one in the mix, especially when we could tell there was some head / tail shake on the other end of the line during the fight...

Thanks for the report. Things are going to bust loose soon.

You used bunker and caught all those critters?

Yeah...bunker it was. i saw reports of schools of bunker off the coastline close to shore and that people trolling were catching stripers feeding on them. even though its a good idea to use bloodworms and clams in the cooler surf temps...i decided to "match the hatch" and use the ol' surf fishermans staple...Bunkah. :drunken_smilie:

Found fresh bunker at OI. Fished various tides, various times Friday and Saturday. Sometimes light wind, some sun, some fog, mixed bag, but very fishy each day. Not many birds working anywhere. Two rods, head and filet, and not one bump all weekend. Its hit or miss this time of year, and hopefully I will be rewarded in the future for time spent this past weekend...

icon1.gif <!-- google_ad_section_start -->Re: Delaware Surf Fishing Reports for April 2010<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hit the beach from Friday 10:30 p.m. to Saturday 10:00 a.m. targeted the High tide on friday night about 11:30 and outgoing afterward. Heres how it went: Skate, Dogfish, Skate, dogfish, Skate, Dogfish, Dogfish, Ect...for about 40 more times between the two of us. We were really hopin for a striped one in the mix, especially when we could tell there was some head / tail shake on the other end of the line during the fight...but not to be. honestly, it was damn nice to catch some critters...my arm is sore as the doggies aveeraged 3 feet. Note to Hulk...napped for a couple hours at 0:dark hundred..left the rods in the spikes with the sinkers on the sand beneath 'em...no worries.

Bucks Place had just gotten in 600 pounds of bunker that was still kicken an hour before we got there. Awesome!!...like the fact that they are open till 10:00 on fridays for us out-of-towners....<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Great report "Mark"

Hit 3Rs this afternoon until dark. I was the only one on the beach for most of the Day. caught one measly little clearnosed skate on Blood worms. Nothing hit on bunker. I did however see a seal. :(

Fished 3rs Sat 4/6- 10 A.M.to 4:30, 4 rod spread w/Fish finder rigs, tossed out Clam, fresh Bunker, bloods. Picked up a skate on blood worm.

I go between 20 and 15 psi.....no problems ever in that range.

Strgler Stripers in the surf:icon_profileright:

Also, some nice Flounder off the CHSP Pier:blob8:

How low do you guys deflate your tires on the sand.?

I usually go under 20, but not lower than 14 lbs. You won't have a problem in this range.

Hulk

For those of you who like the "North Pocket", be careful sand is super soft and acts like there is not a bottom to it.:evil4:

Here is a little something, something to wet the appetite

5852a591371a0_cameradisc50311.jpg.8a92f6