11 posts in this topic

I am new to delaware, live in New Castle County, Bear to be exact, were can i take my boys fishing at around here? we like to fish for Striper, Cats, and anything else that will bite, just need to know the local area a little better to get started, thanx in advance.

find a spot along the Delaware River north of the C&D canal where there is some sandy beach. bring non-offset circle hooks and bloodworms for stripers. It's catch and release starting tmrw though on the stripers

I just moved here in 2007 to Newark myself. The canal is a great place, theres a decent fishing pier on the south side or if you're move adventurous you can try the rock jetty. Also close by us up here in New Castle County, Augustine or New Castle beaches are good for catch and release stripers this time of year.

-just north of the canal, off of rt. 896 there is Lums Pond state park, they have great facilities there including piers and a boat rental...you can catch cats, bass, perch, crappie, bluegills

-Delaware City has a park that you can fish from

-the C&D canal like others said has piers to fish from for a mix of perch and cats

-there are numerous holes/bridges to fish from all along RT. 9 (Reedy Point, Augustine Beach, Taylors Bridge)

-if you dont mind taking a 30-45 min drive there is Woodland Beach in Smyrna which also offers a pier(saw a keeper striper pulled out of there a week or so ago caught on bloodworms)

a nice caddie that i caught at the C&D canal around this time last year

899.jpg.8930bd9aab27b1af6f1ccc9e43e6b8a7

Nice cat. Do you eat them?

Wow.. Thanks for that info!

Honestly I'd be more cautious about eating anything out of this NCC Dupont soil than the waterways. But I'm not and it's just a "label" they put on everything now...

Kevccoysr now is a good time to try and get into those spawning Stripers, It's C&R above the canal. I personally like Augustine because of how close it is to us Northern guys, "sand", and the porta-potties. I'll be out next weekend at a shore "Fish-off" in Northern Delaware with some guys from another Forum. :coffee2:

thanx for all the info, i may hit augustine, or maybe woodland this weekend with the boys...thanx again everyone