20 posts in this topic

For you guy's who like to fish with sand between your toes.[video=youtube;9u7-cy561nU]

Thanks for the video. I know he said he doesn't work for break away...but by the looks of the jeans hangin' on the line...is he sponsored by Levis or Wrangler?? :icon_scratch:

Good stuff.

I've watched this vid at least 3x before it was posted here. Good info. Those sinkers are $$$, but I'm going to try a couple this summer.

EDIT: isn't mono better for a shock leader: cheaper, and it stretches during the high intensity cast?

I've watched this vid at least 3x before it was posted here. Good info. Those sinkers are $$$, but I'm going to try a couple this summer.

EDIT: isn't mono better for a shock leader: cheaper, and it stretches during the high intensity cast?

For pure casting distance braid is almost always better. For fishability I believe a mono shock leader is better.

Faw da love of Gawd do not twy dis at a cwowded beach. Awesome accent and even better video.

Anyone doing a Pendulum (sp) on a crowded beach is a JackA$$. I'm a distance caster, and I have seen people have breakoff's and it aint pretty. 100yards is easly acieved without doing a swinging cast, no need to kill anyone in the process.

Anyone doing a Pendulum (sp) on a crowded beach is a JackA$$. I'm a distance caster, and I have seen people have breakoff's and it aint pretty. 100yards is easly acieved without doing a swinging cast, no need to kill anyone in the process.

Yep, there is really no need to use a pendulum cast if you are only wanting to throw 100 yds. A simple off the ground cast can easily outdo 100 yds.

Im sure 300 is more than enough most of the time.. However sometime 300-600ft will get you in fish that others cant dream of reaching. I have friends who can place a bait 550ft EASY, and they also happen to out fish most people.. Even still none of them do a swing cast

Im sure 300 is more than enough most of the time.. However sometime 300-600ft will get you in fish that others cant dream of reaching. I have friends who can place a bait 550ft EASY, and they also happen to out fish most people.. Even still none of them do a swing cast

550????? How??????

550????? How??????

Practice and attention to fine detail.

a recent casting tourneys results :

Casting Tournament Results

Here are the results of the SE Open Casting Tournament. The next tournament (NE Open) is in Marlton NJ on April 24 & 25… (practice day is Friday April 23).

Sportcast USA

SE Open Tournament Results

April 10 and 11, 2010

Crisfield MD

Weather

Saturday Sunny with swirling cross court wind 15 to 25 mph.

Sunday Sunny with light down court wind 5 to 10 mph.

All distances in feet.

Name -- Best Cast

(01) William Wall -- 715.7 (SE Region Champion and Tournament Champion)

(02) Angel Villalpando -- 713.1

(03) Rolland Johnson Jr -- 684.3

(04) Earl Blake -- 677.5

(05) Bill Kennedy -- 671.4

(06) Sidney Lowe -- 654.7 (Caster of the Day)

(07) Conn Leahy -- 643.3

(08) Louis Paul -- 609.6

(09) Charlie Portaluppi -- 592.7

(10) Joe Helbe -- 581.6

(11) Jimmy Jacobs -- 570.7

(12) Bill Halpin Sr -- 541.3

(13) Joe Gigliotti -- 525.8

(14) Gilbert Blake -- 489.0

(15) Jim Volk -- 476.9 (Age 76)

(16) Brandyn Lowe -- 344.5 (Most Improved Junior Caster, Age 13)

(17) Candy Portaluppi -- 322.4

(18) Elizabeth Portaluppi -- 282.0 (Age 14)

(19) Ann Helbe -- 199.7

(20) Vicky Portaluppi -- 137.6 (Age 9)

(21) Bella Portaluppi -- 109.0 (Age 7)

The tourny results make it obvious who has been practicing and paying attention to details. Thank's derf

results from another recent tournament :

Tommy Farmer 790.96

Will Nash 773.89

Robert Hudak 734.60

Carlos Osuna 722.45

Troy Roberts 715.97

Stephen Riley 710.72

Ron Snell 703.80

Ryan White 700.07

Tony Bates 698.55

Jeb Thomas 679.18

Kenny Dhanow 661.48

Cody Bates 658.99

Wayne Hill 635.65

Jack Rice 625.57

Tom Ballard 607.68

Mark Ganrude 586.82

Brian Cain 574.35

Britt Booker 370.44

Scott Parsons 326.29

practice , tutoring , practice , commitment , more practice ......

video your practice , critique the practice and yup more practice !!

At one time a many moons ago - I think a certain Atlantic Angler Big Chief site administrator was trying to get a seminar pow wow or get together with Tommy Farmer on AI in conjunction with one of the totally unplanned gatherings we used to have. I for one would be prepared with the proper amount of "supplies" should we be able to pull off an unplanned gathering of this magnitude. Casting distance is always something we all think about and want to improve on.Having some guidance from a tourney winner certainly wouldn't hurt.

?

tommy does seminars :)

he likes to keep them small so he can give more 'one on one' instruction ..

if you have access to an open field , get in touch with him .

ai would probably be out of the question . you need to have permits and there isn't enough 'open' space ..

I was there for that last tournament that was posted. Good times. Distances over 700' are becoming more and more common because we have a great wealth of people who don't mind sharing information and the people trying to learn are not afraid to listen and practice.