9 posts in this topic

Hello, I'll be staying in Kitty Hawk the last week of April and was wondering if someone could fill me in on what is required for me to get my truck on the beach as far a s a permit. What about a fishing licence, does <acronym title="North Carolina">NC</acronym> require one to surf fish? I'll be coming down from <acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym>. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

pretty sure there is no beach driving in kitty hawk ... but check at one of the tackle shops to be certain . tw's can take care of the license and the beach info ...

Thanks derf, I didnt think I could get on the beach in Kitty Hawk but wasent sure. I dont have a problem heading anywhere I need to on the outer banks to hit the sand. Not sure what you mean by tw's though.

Tim

i believe you can drive the beach at kitty hawk but in the off season, not sure the dates. you could head a little further north to corolla, follow 12 north till the road ends. you can drive all the way up to the virginia line.

Thanks Dave, I guess I'll find out when I get down there, does anyone have any idea of permit cost?

it used to be $25 . but when i checked the towns web site it said no beach driving .....hence the post of no beach driving ..

Welcome to the Town of Kitty Hawk -- Kitty Hawk Beach

There is no driving on Kitty Hawk beaches.

Dogs are not allowed on the beach between May 15 and September 15. Dogs are allowed during the rest of the year, but must be retrained by their handlers with a leash no longer than six (6) feet in length. All owners and handlers must pick up their pets’ waste.

No glass is allowed on the beach.

Fires are prohibited on the beach.

Motorized watercraft cannot be launched from the Atlantic Ocean beach.

Surfers must attach a surfing leash from themselves to their surfboard.

Swimming in the ocean is prohibited when the red “No Swimming” flags are posted.

no permit required for corrolla, out of state fishing license for ten days is 10 bucks.

Thanks Dave, thats what I was looking for. Looks like i'll be headed north to Corrolla, now all I have to hope for is that something will swim by.

Thanks again,

Tim