4 posts in this topic

Well it seems I get to put my feet in the sand this saturday!!-----any suggestions as to best bait to try ?--------Also a friend of mine fished wednesday and caught a 31inch Rock on squid in the middle of the day ----I saw the cell phone pictures his daughter took ----I guess you never know but I always want to hear suggestions-----thanks in advance and if any of you guys see a white suburban with ducks unlimited tags stop and say hi!!--------------Kirk (gonefishin)

Personally, I would throw some cut bait (blue if you can catch one) and on another throw a top bottom rig with some squid strips on it. Thats just my personal preference. I like to keep multiple rods in the water with multiple offerings. You never know what will be swimming by. I would say maybe some shrimp (seems the croaker are liking that this year) or some peeler, however with the latter two you can tend to lose your bait really quick for some reason :x so make sure you keep those baits in check when you're fishing.

If you are fishing for stripers, fresh bunker chunks,,,stripers will bite on anything from sand fleas to almost any cut bait, but bunker is probably the most effective way to go,,,bunker can also be used for kings, blues, flounder (cut in long tapered strips usually from the belly area), reds & sharks,,,I think for stripers, bunker is the most widely used bait and then fresh herring chunks from the surf in this area,,,I always throw one rod out for kings using fish bites, bloodworm variety with a very small piece of bunker on a high low rig,,,I use squid in the middle of summer for hardhead, kings, flounder, and trout,,,there should still be some stripers still around, maybe even a large striper here and there when you get down this saturday, but they tend to get smaller as the migration winds down,,,good luck and have fun!

Coop, right on the money. Like Jeff said, shrimp works well too, especially for kings.