8 posts in this topic

I've been using the small Avet SX 5.3:1 MC reel since last year......and I love how that thing casts.........I was thinking about stepping up in size this year to the Avet JX single speed MC model.....either 4.6 or 6.0

Is any one out there using the JX 4.6 or 6.0 MC single speed reels ? If so, how do you like them ??? Braid or Mono ?

I'd probably be throwing a 12' rod rated to 8 ounces....

Thanks,

Stan

That seems like a great reel. Of course, since you have arms like a 5 year old girl...youll have to get new magnets and grease if you wanna cast any distance.....:bootyshake:

nice one.......those "girly" arms you speak about are the same ones that win the tournament $$$ pal........while you are sititng in your folding chair working out your forearms.........

Seriously, is there any one out there that uses these reels ???

why would you prefer the jx over the sx?...The sx is plenty large enough for the biggest of stripers and reds. If you plan on sharkin...the step up maybe understandable.

I was considering it as more of a multi-purpose reel....I dont really have any larger casting reels that I could use for sharks, not counting the big Penns for yakin out baits.....

To be honest with ya Coop, I just held one in my hand and really liked the way it felt......don't get me wrong, I love the sx I have, but I was just thinking about using another model...just so happens that all the other models are larger than the SX.

Just wonderin if anyone out there has a JX, and what they think about it.....

Stan

Makes sense...I have casted the mx but never the jx...I almost purchased the mx for the reason you stated.

My uncle uses a jx on the surf and i have tried it out a few times. I have the sx mc and i love it but i cant get the same casting distance with the jx. i think it might be because of the taller spool. other than that it was a nice feeling reel