27 posts in this topic

its been a while but i finally finished it. the video is my trip to ocean city and AI shark fishing. i fished with dave and sam for two nights.

the youtube version isn't the full version. youtube limits me to 10 mins so i had to cut some stuff out.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHrSpU_xGoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHrSpU_xGoo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dave and Sam, You guys will get the full version on DVD, it should be mailed out this week.

Nice video!!!! Can't wait to get out there after Striper season!!!!

Shark fishing AI is my favorite!

i will gladly give you or any one who needs a ride out to the beach a lift, by the way, sam is the one whom has taught me quite abit on shark fishin. he deserves the most credit. andrew, great job on the video, lookin forward to fishin with ya again.

i will gladly give you or any one who needs a ride out to the beach a lift, by the way, sam is the one whom has taught me quite abit on shark fishin. he deserves the most credit. andrew, great job on the video, lookin forward to fishin with ya again.

Do you still have weekends off for this summer or are you back on your normal schedule?

never really had weekends off, just used a vaca that week, probably do it again this year.

never really had weekends off, just used a vaca that week, probably do it again this year.

oh, i thought you said you had your schedule changed for awhile.

glad you guys like the video. sorry it took so long, but its been a busy winter (wedding, honeymoon, puppy, work, etc, etc). im just glad to finally get it done.

I liked that very much,you did a pro quality job.Also the audio was great.

Outstanding job, Andrew! A very professional video and a great time as well. :)

thanks guys. not too bad for just a small hobby of mine eh? i can't wait till next year either, same thing matt smith (aka bulldawg/room mate) said. we are ready. this year we are toying with the idea of getting the AI pass and going north instead of trying to go south.

glad i could be a part of it, i am pumped for this year. looking forward to sharkin this year again. great job on the video. if your still planning a trip up in may let me know the dates.

Great video:icon_thumleft::happy1:... makes me even more ready for this upcoming season... lol is it just me or is the shark that dave grabs at like 8min 20secs twisting with the beat of the music... it will soon be upon us and then it comes to long nights of having fun and hopefully catching it up:icon_thumleft:

glad everyone likes it. its funny how some of the footage goes along with the music. i didnt' plan it, it just kinda happened.

Dave/Sam - let me know when you gents receive ur dvd.

Got it this morning, Andrew... Getting ready to watch it now :happy1:

WOW..Nice video, catch and fight.

I'm wondering how lethal can be this guy out of the water?...

I'm wondering how lethal can be this guy out of the water?...

Only as lethal as you are careless... Just use common sense and be very careful.

the first big shark i caught by my self (first shark in video) you can see im running with it, it was a little sketchy. but after spending two nights on the beach with dave and sam, they taught me their way of handling the sharks, and it makes more sense. dave does a good job of handling the spinner, you can see the shark aint happy, but dave was patient and careful and all was well.

I guess like sam said in one of his comments, better to be with some one who know some of shark fishing...I hope one day I have the chance to try.

I have one more quick question, do you still have to know how to read the beach special at night for shark fishing?... or just pick a place and try to be lucky...?

just wondering and working on my homework.

I would say if you're lucky enough and have a good enough eye to find a break in the sandbar during the day you would just keep fishing there. From what i've read that's where more action is. But really when they say the sharks are in close at night that is true, last summer(early august), i casted my 8 footer out at 3ish in the am and that's when i hooked into something Big. It was literally running line off my spool faster than i've ever saw. I was using a top/bottom rig though like an idiot with a big hook on it and the rig just came apart after 10 seconds. But yea that was the biggest fish i've ever felt on a rod, and I've caught a handful of 30ish lb carp off my pier before. Even if i had a good leader/rig on there i still think that fish would have took all the line off the spool and broke it, I had a pretty small reel.

Andrew got the video monday, sorry i replied so late internet has been down all week. As for shark fishing i will gladly throw some bait with anyone from this site and i am willing to share my knowledge. i dont recommend trying it by yourself. shark are very dangerous fish and you can also hurt them as easily as they can hurt you. if you want to shark fish go with someone experienced. like i said i will gladly go but i am usually only available during the early part of the week.

no problem dave, glad you enjoyed it.

as for the question, same rules apply, you want to find a good spot to fish. i typically like to find a place before it gets dark. we fished down in sandbridge, va one night got there late and set up, next day we were fishing on top of this massive bar at high tide the water was maybe a few feet. better to check before dark and make sure you get a hole. but hey thats my two cents.

Great, thanks guys.

Sound great and I would like to try one day, but I need to make a good plan. My location is the North Of Virginia like 2-3 hrs to some of seashore.

Some time I have to stay at the hotel or camping. I will raised my voice when i'm ready, Thanks for the offer.