16 posts in this topic

I usually fish the Nanticoke River but this year I'm gonna stick closer to home? Anything happing in Ayers or Herring Creek. I carped today with no luck around there. I'm thinking anout getting my DE liscence and fish around Fenwick.

I saw some nice white perch today that were netted from Ayers. The larger ones were upwards of 1.75 lbs.

I've been meaning to get the kayak out there and try my luck with rod & reel but I keep getting sidetracked, maybe I'll try tomorrow.

I took my yak out in Ayers last year and saw 2 nets from one end of the creek to other. It didnt look legal. If you want do get together send me a PM. Its one of the areas I dont mind yaking in the winter because the water is really shallow and I dont have a drysuit.

Are you talking about Ayers Creek near Ocean City??

Hi Coastal Kayaker,

I'm into kayaking too, do you have a "recreational boat" or a Regular Sea Kayak.

I haven't heard of any shad running yet, has anyone else. I usually go in the Susquehanna area, Deer Creek.

I took my yak out in Ayers last year and saw 2 nets from one end of the creek to other. It didnt look legal.

This has been a problem for years... I have cut out nets that stretched the entire span of the creek. They had so many dead and rotting fish, it made me sick.

I have contacted the DNR and they claim they do not have the equipment to get to the shallow areas.

I love that we have dnr and i like what they do most of the time.... but when you report a potential problem or something illegal they dont always try to help... like last year when they watched fisherman keeping illegal tog across the inlet they just watched them and did nothing about it. (I personally witnessed this)... Oh well i happy they are there but sometimes they are irritating...

This has been a problem for years... I have cut out nets that stretched the entire span of the creek. They had so many dead and rotting fish, it made me sick.

I have contacted the DNR and they claim they do not have the equipment to get to the shallow areas.

That is bullshite. I dont see why DNR or NRP cant get in there. They have alot of boats. I''ve seen a few guys in skiffs setting spot traps back there.

I love that we have dnr and i like what they do most of the time.... but when you report a potential problem or something illegal they dont always try to help... like last year when they watched fisherman keeping illegal tog across the inlet they just watched them and did nothing about it. (I personally witnessed this)... Oh well i happy they are there but sometimes they are irritating...

I really like when DNR cruises within casting distance of the pier. I also like when they check me out on the water and then back on the ramp. But this is my favorite, when they come on private property and check me out. They do a ok job.

Oh yeah . I'm snitching on any poacher I see this year. With the south jetty closed, the bridge, stinky beach, and 2nd-6th street is going to be packed. I got a feeling the inshore tog is going to be raped this year since flounder have to be 19inches.

Had a white perch charter yesterday on the Nanticoke. Three guys from the western shore caught all the 8 - 11 inch perch you want for six hours. The real big fish haven't shown yet - at least not for me. Water temp. is still 48 and I think a couple more days (and degrees) will bring on the big fish. Hope this rain doesn't mess things up. Photo is of a previous trip.

Capt. Kevin Josenhans

Josenhans Fly Fishing

443-783-3271

IMG_0067.jpg.ac6f0b201c7e8590cfe8f67475f

Nice looking fish!

Thanks for the report and picture, Capt. Josenhans

Oh yeah . I'm snitching on any poacher I see this year. With the south jetty closed, the bridge, stinky beach, and 2nd-6th street is going to be packed. I got a feeling the inshore tog is going to be raped this year since flounder have to be 19inches.

There is no such thing as snitching when it comes to poachers. I'm not sure what the number is to report poaching in <acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym>, but to report fishing violations in Delaware, the number is 1-800-523-3336.

I keep it in my cell phone and will not hesitate to help protect our resources. They belong to everyone and I value them enough to do the right thing and make the call.

Anyone got the nubmers for <acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym> and <acronym title="Virginia">VA</acronym>? I'd like to have them too.

Thanks