3 posts in this topic

My son and I fought hard for our three trout in almost four hours of fishing. We didn't have any luck with bait on the bottom or under a bobber. So Adam says he wants to try a rooster tail. He proceeds to go over to the other side of the lake and catches a brown trout on his first cast!!!! He catches another one later also on a rooster tail. I caught a puny one on a silver castmaster. The bite was slow. I saw Rory Goggin across the way and he wound up with a few also. It was a beautiful day fishing!

Darryl

it was a nice day. i was out there sat and sun, ended up with one 13 inch keeper. caught it on the bottom. saw a guy saturday with his wife and daughter and they caught there limit, some nice ones too, lots of small ones though. also caught all on the bottom. color of choice is chartruece power eggs (floating kind). hopefully they do stock it in two weeks....but lets hope for no more tiny ones. i got one on saturday that was 5 inchs....if that. i released it in hopes of making some kids day.

for those of you who dont know, they only stocked approx 850 fish this time because they were not sure if it would work or not. the reason there is a bunch of tiny ones is because at the hatchery they had one of their ponds flood into another pond, so the babys got mixed in with the normal stocking size.

last but not least, its 4 fish per person per day, can't share stringers, one rod per person, and one hook per person. DGIF has been out partrolling to enforce these rules. the $18 trout stamp is also required.

It was great seeing Darryl's boy come over and show us how to catch 'em! LOL He walks over behind this big guy who'd been bottom fishing kinda luckless for a while and tosses that rooster tail out and reels in a fish and turns around and walks off! ROFLMAO (except it was too muddy) I wish I'd gotten a picture of his face!

I ended up with 2 a little over 10 inches and one a touch under 9 inches. One of the 10 inchers was fat so I had him for dinner Sunday night and ate the other tow for dinner Monday night. I didn't see any browns that day.