4 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard or seen or caught any herring in the spill ways or rivers yet in Maryland or Delaware. I spoke to the owner of Taylored tackle up in seaford de and he told me the weather has pushed them back about a month. He's predicting them not to get into the spill ways until the 3rd week of march. He said they just did start moving into the rivers. Any news of them being close would be greatly appreciated.

I work on the Lower Susquehanna river. No Herring Yet, trust me the town goes nuts once they start running Cause the big cow stripers are right behind

There are herring being netted near the mouths of some of the creeks on the DB right now. I picked up about 25 from a netter I know yesterday for a quarter a piece:icon_rr::icon_rr: There was about an even mixture of branch and bluebacks in the mix. I filleted and salted most for flounder strip baits but brined some whole for striper baits. The roe in the branch herring was still undersized, but It got eaten anyway. Stripers are up in the bay but no reports of them biting yet.

I pulled the boat out of the barn and am making preparations for a Nanticoke striper trip and a Wachapreague trip w/in the next two weeks. I cant wait!

The Herring have arrived. Now its time to get out there and get some Big dogs baby! I got my limit of 10 on wed using a sabiki rig. Cant wait to get out there and get some big rocks