7 posts in this topic

Is there a surf rod that can match a loomis 10' 6'' rod (Lure weight:2-8; Action: fast; Power:heavy) and costs significantly less than $375.00? Would very much any help on this. Thanks. Josh

Check out the Tica and Tsunami rods. They are both good rods less than $150.

Other than custom, TICA rods are my favorite.

Josh,

I've never thrown a loomis, so I don't know how it matches up, but for my money I use a twelve foot - available in ten foot - Cabela's Salt Striker. It's tough, responsive, and more than half the price. I liked it so much in fact I went out and got a fifteen footer. You won't be disappointed if you try it.

Joel

i have a loomis 10 ft 6 in. loomis casting rod...and its schweet...but too expensive. St Croix and Lamiglas make some "lower end" rods that are between $100 to 200, go to their website check it out. I ve returned a loomis and a Croix rod, and both have replaceed them for a nominal fee. I look on Ebay for deals on surf rods all the time....and just got a custom 11' lamiglas for $174 plus shipping. I also have a cabelaas salt striker...and like that too. Its a good idea to hold a rod in your hand to see if you like it first. its also good to support the local tackle shops....Oyster Bay, Harber Tackle, bucks place...

its also good to support the local tackle shops....Oyster Bay, Harber Tackle, bucks place...

I like this. I need to do that more often and will definitely keep it in mind when I get a bug at ten o'dark and hit up the cabelas / bass pro website only to find that thing I have to have! "Ooooh that looks shiny and practical" :eusa_dance:

Yeah,$375,thats a little steep,try the Salt Striker at Cabelas

Many thanks for the helpful advice : will definitely consider the Salt Striker,Tica, St Croix, Tsunami, and Lamiglas reommendations .