6 posts in this topic

...when do we start?! I'm new to the spring-run striped bass scene and would like some incite on when is a good time to plan for my trip. I was thinking early to mid May. What say you?

Thanks,

Joel

Well late March has a small window run of the stripers and black drum.

Early and mid april are usually dead with some limited good catches of black drum and Blues.

Anywhere between late April to the first week or two in June is usually Prime striper time!

Of course this information relates to AI.

Well late March has a small window run of the stripers and black drum.

Early and mid april are usually dead with some limited good catches of black drum and Blues.

Anywhere between late April to the first week or two in June is usually Prime striper time!

Of course this information relates to AI.

Do you use lures or bunker? Is there a preference among fisherman?

I use whatever fresh bait I can get my hands on. Usually its bunker or herring.

Lures are VERY hit or miss in the delmarva surf. You can certainly catch stripers with them, but you really need to try hard or be very lucky.

you won't see too many people fishing lures during the spring striper run.

Yea usually some time in april we get a spurt of decent fish that leads to the all out craziness of the run usually for the whole month of may... For baits ffemtreed basically covered it but i would add clams on the list... if you want to catch rockfish on lures you might as well just head on back to route 50 which is fun and produces fish just not very big like the surf... just stick to the freshest possible bait you can get if possible... Were getting near the time where our gear gets a true test!!!!:eusa_dance: