11 posts in this topic

I just wanted to remind people about the Deleware Mobile Surf Fisherman, and that its important for us, as anglers and beach rats who like to fish to join. I joined earlier this year.....and I'm from MD. I may never make it to a meeting or function....but I feel its my obligation as a frequent user of the DE beaches for surf fishing. What a priveledge!

Morty has more info (finnaddict), but its a small fee to register(i think 25 bucks first time), and its worthile to do. You get a cool license plate that says your one of the brotherhood.

I was just sittin here remembering this past year....when we are catchin sharks on the beach during the summer...at 3 R's...which is an un-guarded Fishing Beach...and someone gets the rangers to try to kick us off. Of course the rangers didn't.....It actually happened numerous times.

I think...if we, as fisherman, dont have a united voice...they'd take beach access from us....find some new insect or bird to protect and close the beach....or whatever. Anyway, there is a link Morty posted a while back.....Im hopin he'll read this and add it so others can join Deleware Mobile Surf fisherman...

...waitin for the spring migration......

Ill reply to my own threaqd...but below is the post with info...hopefully current...for joining DMS

How To Join Delaware Mobile Surf-fishermen Inc.

With the DMS web site down and under construction, I am getting requests on how to join the club.

For those of you who don't know who we are, here is a little info.

DMS Inc. is the largest and oldest organization of it kind in the state of Delaware. DMS has a proven record with our legislators, state agencies amd parks that works very well since 1958. They know DMS is a true steward of the state for procecting access to our fisheries and protecting our resources and fisheries as well.

DMS works with other clubs in support of thier needs as well. AMSA, NCBBA, CHAC, OBPA, LIBBA and NJBBA just to name a few. If you are interested in joining the club, please click on the link and print out the form and mail it in today. There is power in numbers and we need your number to help fight for your rights.

http://bluedogfishing.com/DMS/applicationform.pdf

Thanks for the support,

Morty

1st VP DMS

Thanks for posting this Trimlc, Like you i'm from Maryland, but I live closer to the

Delaware beaches and enjoy them often.I didnt learn about DMS untill late last season, times were a little lean around my house then so I put off joining. Thankfully things have picked up some. I've got a trip south coming up in about a week, but the first things on my list when i get back is the truck permit and signing up.

Thanks again,

Tim

I gotcha with the times being tight.......were all feelin it. See ya on the beach!

is there a DNMS (non-mobile) chapter??? im asking because i dont have a 4x4, i hoof it out on the beach

is there a DNMS (non-mobile) chapter??? im asking because i dont have a 4x4, i hoof it out on the beach

Hey Cpt, You Don't have to have a 4x4 to be a member to join, If you would send me a PM with your address and I get some info together and send it out to you.

Sorry, I have been slacking here lately. We do have fishermen without 4wd's. The important thing is joining a group who has a loud voice in the De. political scene.

Thanks for the bump guys. Hope to see you all in the sand soon.

CptHook, I was a member for a full season before I got out onto the beach As has been stated, you don't need a vehicle to have a voice and support those groups that have our best interest in mind.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

I juat got a copy of the membership applicaton for the DMS and will be joining. Thanks for the Info. I'm from Maryland but have been doing my Surf fishing (which has become my favorite type) in Delaware.

Thanks for the support Hulkster. I'll look for you on the sand.