11 posts in this topic

Has any one considered using a a shot line to get the bait out there. When I was in the Navy we used shot lineto get lines over to other ships and to the dock even, when heaving lines were not practical. Sometimes the distances were over 200 yds. Or do you think the rangers might have a fit if someone was bringing high-powered rifles on the beach....even if it is only a shot line round?????? I think yaking it out is going to be more fun but like I said it was just a thought.

ohhh forgot about the wieghts......... :wallb:

ohhh forgot about the wieghts......... :wallb:

not a problem :wink: we encourage thinking out-side the boxx :lol:

Navy, huh... and using a line throwing-gun, M1 :?: .....musta' been a deckape :?:

Now now Randy, go easy on the boyz that run the floating Death Star....

We've been thinking of many ways to get the package out there.

The most legal so far has been a trap/skeet launcher and a potato gun using a sabot load.

This could ONLY apply to a spinning outfit.

No firearms are permitted on the island, and I wouldn't want to get caught with one.

Of course this excludes legal hunting.....

The heavy stuff we use for Charkey couldn't handle the sudden acceleration, the spool would turn into a nest.

The only possible ways I can think of are:

Outflowing current (rare), attaching a balloon and floating it out.

West wind, attaching the line to a big kite and use a outrigger clip to detach the line when it gets out there.

How about a RC helicopter that can handle the weight?

Or...

A yak!

Nah, I wasn't gonna' bust on the squid :wink:

We welcome ALL the branches of our Great US Military here :sailor:

I know when I was in boot camp (Air Force) we always used to pick with the Army guys (ground pounders) and Marines (Jar-heads)... :-) We were commonly referred to as "wing-nuts". :-)

I know when I was in boot camp (Air Force) we always used to pick with the Army guys (ground pounders) and Marines (Jar-heads)... :-) We were commonly referred to as "wing-nuts". :-)

:lol: "wing-nuts", huh, never heard that one :wink: yeah, I was stationed around a ton of "Jarheads" and "Squids" :!: we use to get called "Shallow Water Sailors" or (my favorite)"Puddle Pirates" :lol:

Why do you have to be at least 6' tall to join the Coast Guard? SO when the boat sinks you can get out on walk home....... HA HA HA HA :lol: seriously though, the Guard has some kick ass toys. I was on the floating Death Star, aka USS Constellation CV-64, and I was a deckape :pirate:

Why do you have to be at least 6' tall to join the Coast Guard? SO when the boat sinks you can get out on walk home....... HA HA HA HA :lol: seriously though, the Guard has some kick ass toys. I was on the floating Death Star, aka USS Constellation CV-64, and I was a deckape :pirate:

:lol::lol: 8)

:( I'm only 5'11", so I'da prob drowned :roll:

ARGG....BM3 "deckape" here aswell :pirate:

Mass ANG & USCG

Day of Rememberence/Horrors

October 30-31, 1991

Those people go so far beyond the call.