5 posts in this topic

Ok, so I ended up on the new boat this weekend. First off, here's a couple shots of the boat. and then you'll see why I'm cussing the tower..... Don't get me wrong, there were more spadefish to be caught than people knew what to do with, it was just a matter of getting into a place where the fish were actually at without tangling an anchor line in your prop, bumping another boat, or having some rude person snake his way into your spot while you were working on getting your anchor to bite. Plenty of trout and blues all day north of the 4th Island on CBBT in about 40-50' of water. Some Croaker and whiting. Saw 1 cobia swimming by the bridge pylons. It sounds like summer fishing to me......Lets break out the big fish........Wow, I'm not going to go back and edite this to put it in the correct timeline, I'm just way too tired. So we headed out sat evening after doing some work on the boat, We put in at Kiptopeke around 9:00pm. We fished on the outside of the cement ships until about 11pm and caught 1 small trout and a bunch of small croaker (which were kept for bait) We anchored on the inside of the cement ships and climed into the rack. Woke up at 5:00am ready to start fishing. When we arrived at the Tower it was only 6:30 and there were at least 50 boats there already. Again, what a nightmare it was. We went back into the 4th Island and fished around there for a while with no luck, then we went up to the area just south of fisherman's island where the Elevated span of the bridge comes back down. We fished there and slayed the small trout (up to 14.5") jigging sting silvers. While drifting through there we managed to see the one cobia and also managed to get half of a 10" croaker chomped off. After that we ended up back over at the 4th Island and fished there, no bites however we did see the spadefish swimming around the rocks. After that we called it a day. Oh, the croaker we were catching, ALL bit on shrimp.

chesapeake_tower_1_887.jpg.9ab34c58f31c8

kevins_new_boat_2_207.jpg.cccfee50c76eef

kevins_new_boat_1_458.jpg.6b1bed71ae4492

Nice Boat Jeff :up:

looks like a reel parking lot around the light :| good fishing for sure 8) I'd love to get down to the CBBT complex and fish it, well, maybe 1 day :wink:

Great report, Jeff! That boat looks awesome too. I would love to catch a cobia this summer. :v:

We will probably be down in the same place in two weekends fishing for the Cobia. They should be in pretty good by then. We asked around, there were reports of one caught last weekend, as well as one caught Sat night. Couldn't find anyone who actually saw the catch though. At least we saw one swimming around. Nice to know the big fish are there.

Now that's one great looking boat :!: