6 posts in this topic

Hi

My family and I will be travling to Colonial Williamsburg the first week of August and I plan on bringing my gear and doing some Bass fishing wihle there, but I would also love to get over to Va. Beach area and do some surf casting for sharks.

I have no tackle that would be capable of landing a shark.

Does anyone know of a place close to that area where I may be able to rent a shark compatable rod and reel while we are in the area.

Thanks for any help with this;

Rael

none aware of -

best bet (and cheapest) is buy a couple from wally world.....use them and take very good care and clean after each days use

THEN TAKE THEM BACK TO WART MART FOR A FULL REFUND !!

i had the same question a few years back. i have the equipment, but my younger cousins did not and they were going to rent. we asked all over but no one rented equipment. they recommended we just go buy a cheap one. i would recommend you wait till you get to va beach and check out a local bait and tackle shop. they will probably have the most knowledge of what is best for the area and be able to set you up for cheap. the other option is going to dicks or sports authority and buying a cheap set up (approx $30-$40).

Thank you to everyone. Someone told me that there is a place on the Pier by 17th St. that rents fishing eq. I will check it out when I get down there and if I can't find it I will just do as suggested and buy cheap.

Thanks again

I dont fish VA too much...just cruising the site and saw this quastion. So forgive me. Just make sure you have some heavier tackle and wire leaders and crimped big hooks...etc....if your gonna target toothy summer shark(otherthan dogfish). there brutes and with cheap tackle and mono...youll never land anything decent.