13 posts in this topic

I know that with winter the fish are far in between, so its time to get all your ready for spring... Over last year i fell in love with lure fishing and I had some success and im looking forward to the spring run. For lures i had been using my ugly stik until July when i switched to my now favorite lure rod. Heres a few pics of my combo for this year.... Its a 7'8 E21 Carrot Gold Stix rated

1-3oz and 15-30lb line I matched it with a Daiwa Luna 253 and the total combo weighs about 15.9 oz...... Whats your favorite lure combo???

108_1722.jpg.4541c8c9156f2f8070df35306d5

108_1718.jpg.6d966f712d056939bb3e5b2e675

108_1724.jpg.7cb97cbda65ea707a1d5c38559e

108_1727.jpg.f2c22e820a72a4bd84dc10cda84

I am partial to the rainshadow blanks for plugging. They are light, strong and have a decent backbone to them. Most of all they are affordable when you compare the blanks to Lami, and St Croix.

Thanks. I like the carrot stix since it's unique, very light,and sensitive... I have fought about a 3foot cownose Ray for a while until it snapped my sabiki rig. It's a very nice rod for most thing you wanna do with inshore lures...

only 15.9oz overall! That is incredible, I've always wanted to try out the carrot stix but have never had the chance.

In my opinion they are incredible... The rod itself is only 4.8oz and for 7 ft 8 i think that's very light... Also I think if you get a chance to try one dont pass it up because the look, feel, and quality may just impress you...

WOW,That is super light,I have been using a saltist and it's very heavy for pitching live baits.

Fishing-As-Boy-Lg00001.jpg.487aa93bd6396

That rig is almost too pretty to use:icon_wink:

I fish the Chesapeake with a 6'9' MH Carrot Stick freshwater version and love it. Its paired with the Pro Qualifier baitcaster from Bass Pro and has landed several stripers in the high 30's. I use a Calcutta 400TE for heavier jigging on a Bass Pro Extreme Jigging Rod which is a sweet combo as well.

Tight lines,

Paul

Lol yea... Your setups sound nice.... Also the reel hasn't got to see the water yet unfortunately hasn't been much to go for since I got it on Christmas. Reeltor your first combo sounds like it is close in weight to mine. I could be mistaken I'm not extremely familiar with the specs of that reel...

Very cool picture of the kid and the bamboo pole.

I really want to try lures this year for the spring run.

That's an awesome setup that you've got there!