7 posts in this topic

How do you usually clean them? and cook them? Do you skin them, fillet, steak or what ????? I eat a little bit of one I cooked last year but, didn't care for it. My Son said he really liked it, probably the way I cooked it.

I immediately cut off the tail and let it bleed out. Then, cut off the head and fins and cut along the stomach to clean out all internal organs. I cut away the belly skin and all that is left is a chunk of meat. Leaving the remaining skin on, I cut into steaks about two inches thick and clean thoroughly. You can try many shark recipes and see what you like best. I marinade in Italian dressing overnight and then grill them the next day... Excellent!

I clean them the same way Sam does and cut the steaks around 1" thick, place them in a pyrex dish with a layer of onion slices and cover them with CREAMY ITALIAN dressing. Cover and microwave for approx. 4-5 mins. Then let them sit for a few to steam and they taste great.

So, you leave the skin on when you cook them?? Do you remove the skin after cooking or do you eat that too???????

any minimum size you can keep? - Never mind I found the answer on DNR website... no minimum size...:idea:

Edited by megabites
found answerd

Grilling is best,baste with lemon and melted butter,clean as above,slice in 1" to 2" steaks.I sprinkle some lemon pepper on some,and "Old Bay" on some.Care should be taken when gutting not to cut entrals and expose contents to the meat.This is for any shark,gut ASAP....

On 1/24/2010 at 7:03 AM, seabrightjw said:

I clean them the same way Sam does and cut the steaks around 1" thick, place them in a pyrex dish with a layer of onion slices and cover them with CREAMY ITALIAN dressing. Cover and microwave for approx. 4-5 mins. Then let them sit for a few to steam and they taste great.

Creamy Italian dressing is the best! :)