4 posts in this topic

I was contacted recently by Christopher Knaus of Southern Boating Magazine. He writes the Mid Atlantic report.

He asked if I could send him some pictures and if he could do short story. Here it is, look halfway down the page for ” Pimp My PWC “.

Here is the link Southern Boating – The South’s Largest Boating Magazine Mid Atlantic Report

Pimp my PWC

JetSki-Brian.jpg.a045b0d4336e345a4dce2e1

One day in 2002, avid angler Brian Lockwood decided to try his luck fishing the Chesapeake Bay aboard his three-seat Polaris PWC. He found it worked well for catching croaker, spot, flounder, and striped bass. It didn’t take long for him to venture out as far as 15 miles offshore beyond Virginia Beach.

After a couple of years, he upgraded to a larger PWC, a used Yamaha SUV 1200, and rigged it for fishing with the help of Albert Martin of Martin’s Custom Structures in Gloucester, Virginia. The modified 1200 now carries up to six rods or a combination of rods, gaff and net. Brian can troll, drift or dive off his rig for spear fishing. He’s added a GPS/fish-finder combo, VHF, navigation lights, and an additional battery to support the electronics. He says he has fished his Yamaha up to 60 miles offshore and has enjoyed a lot of angling success. You can see for yourself on Brian’s Web site at jetskibrian.com.

Now I need to go and buy a couple of copies. Ha! The picture was of a Cobia I caught while jet Ski Fishing with my brother John and a friend Tommy 7 miles offshore of Virginia Beach this Summer.

Brian, Congrats & that's real cool. Missed your stint on Captain Don's radio show ~ hope that went well. Mark