7 posts in this topic

I have a 2003 115hp Evenrude, 2 weeks ago I bought Mercruiser DFI oil and while down the beach last week had some issues wth stalling and a rough idle. now from idle to WOT, it ran fine. I usally goto Jenkins in G.B. to get my Evenrude oil but was at Outdoor World (my 2nd home :lol: ) (yeah, I know there @10 mins apart) and got the Merc stuff, I've used Pennzoil before wth no issues. it all appears tobe TC-3-W oil. so I guess my ? is, do any of you mixx your oils :?:

To sum it up in a short note, I don't even mix oils in my lawnmower.

Drain it all completely.

To sum it up in a short note, I don't even mix oils in my lawnmower.

Drain it all completely.

yeah, your right. I should known better, being in the type of business I'm in :wink: well we ran the tank down pretty low over the last 2 weeks, so I'll just be off to Jenkins toget my Evenrude oil :cry:

update on this: a set of fresh set of Champion sparkplugs helped alot and I got the correct E'Rude oil now 8)

(oh, gasoline...)

I keep forgetting there's something out there other than diesel.

:mrgreen:

another update: have since purged out the other brand of oil and my oil tank is just about 100% Evinrude xD-50 and my boat runs do much smoother and no more stall-outs. the Evinrude oil has "carb-x" in it, an additive to help control combustion chamber build-up and even thought all the other oils I used were TCW-III rated, they did not perforum like the factory oil. so now I have to drive a little further to get my oil, so I buy it in 2.5 gal jugs.

Yea,this weekend I need to drive up to Del. to get my Yami lube 4 the wave runners. I buy that stuff by the case :!::roll: