5 posts in this topic

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone could help me pick out a solid spinning reel. I want something thats perfect for rock and drum fishing. Right now i have an okuma coronado cd 90 which is awesome and big. It holds 330 yards of 30#. I'd like something along those lines but a different maker like penn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

I use Penn 7500 SS almost exclusively for my ocean fishing. I get decent casts from the beach on my heavers and have yet to be "owned" when fishing on a boat on da wrecks. I use braid with mono backing and have yet to get into the mono.

I use Penn 7500 SS almost exclusively for my ocean fishing. I get decent casts from the beach on my heavers and have yet to be "owned" when fishing on a boat on da wrecks. I use braid with mono backing and have yet to get into the mono.

Looks like a solid reel i'll do some more research on it. I appreciate the info thanks alot.

The Shimano Baitrunners are great surf reels as well.

The Shimano Baitrunners are great surf reels as well.

I recently switched from penn reels to Shimano Stradics with 15 lb Power Pro and I get great distance off the beach.Digital Dagger.com sells them for about $160