4 posts in this topic

I am thinking of taking my boat down 113/13 into VA to do some rockfishing over winter break. Thinking of fishing Tom's cove area, or maybe CBBT area if the weather permits. Is one area better? I as see tons of pics from the CBBT. But shaving some time off the drive wouldn't hurt. Thanks, Pat

I would make the run to the CBBT.....You can launch out of Kiptopeake and have a short run to the ships, high rise or off fishermans with some eels drifting or troll the Bay/Cape area. Just getting moving down here now, need a steady weather window as all of the crazy weather pattern have things scrwed up right now.

40"-46" fish with a few bigger being caught right now drifting eels!

Thanks Dixie 719, I didn't get the opportunity with the holiday and winds. Oh, well. -Hey whats up with winter surfcasting in VB area? I lived in Nags Head for a couple years and we used to fish in the winter. Been couped up inside too long. Thinking of taking a drive. PF

Don't waste your time around here as the water temp is way down! You need a boat and still need to head South before you will pick up any fish!