7 posts in this topic

Going to be fishing from a pier in the Bay here Monday Night and going to yak out some eels. Was wondering what kinda rig to use to keep the eels from the bottom. They tend to head for the nearest hole if they stay on the bottom. Was thinking of using a 3 way swivel and have the sinker line long and the hook line short. When we fish from boats using eels we use bobbers that release when a fish hits. Not sure we can use them from a pier . Any suggestions?

Well I did it. Tied a 3 way swivel on had a long line to the sinker 8-10 foot and a 4 foot to the hook with a big ol bobber on top the water. Yacked em out pretty far. Water on the bay was a little rough. Sat back and waited and waited . Nothing but 2 bunker who some how got tangled in the line. Cut them up adn put them on shorter lines and nothin....then the wind picked up and I felt like I was gonna get blown of the pier.Did cast around a small lure and catch little rockies under the pier. OOOh well it was worth the try.

Tues night last night for Rocks in the Bay Went to Kent Narrws and caught some nice fish 18-26 inches. There were a good amount out there too. If the wind wan't so cold I would have stayed out till 12 but that wind was going thru that channel like a freight train. Good way to end the season!

Tues night last night for Rocks in the Bay Went to Kent Narrws and caught some nice fish 18-26 inches. There were a good amount out there too. If the wind wan't so cold I would have stayed out till 12 but that wind was going thru that channel like a freight train. Good way to end the season!
YEAH,Gotta bundle up,Give you a lot of credit for even going out.Most of the bigger fish that I have caught were in cold weather ,had to scrape ice off the windshield on my 22 seafarer.

5852a5887ef88_DSC00015c.jpg.86b3ec55ef74

640x480.jpg.65b025fc6d904c85ac642eb0f99e

man o man I still have the fishing bug ....and now over a foot of snow DOH!