35 posts in this topic

Fishing has been extremely good on the beachfront with nice reports of big blues, stripers and some big flounder (just a reminder-gotta throw the flounder back). Hopefully the catching continues right into December...feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish...GO FISH!

Tomorrow is looking sweeeet!

Thats why I'll be on the beach all day tomorrow!! Are you heading down?

Thats why I'll be on the beach all day tomorrow!! Are you heading down?

Darn right!...sun up to sun down. Cya out there!

best of luck, i'll probably be out sunday, weather permitting.

Hit the beach yesterday...ended up with several big blues, dogies and skates...my pop got one chomper early and left. I was joined by my buddy late in the afternoon who proceded to catch his first beach caught striper within 30 minutes of his arrival...a fat 33"er. Here I am, been slinging baits for 8 hours, he shows up and wham, got his first one...very cool! It was nice to finally meet Chris...I feel time is running out for a LARGE, but Iam still hopefull.

Hit the sand wed got into the blues and ended up losing about $6 worth of circle hooks to old yellow eyes, kept one for the smoker. Also had a couple ling, Scott it was great talking with you also.. I'm with you on the biggens but I"m quiting yet he might still swim by.

Hit beach today. Lots of current and grass. 8's were not cutting it. Talked to a guy at the pumps who said 10's weren't either! few more weeks and it's reel maintenance time for me and wait for the freak warm days and maybe a dogfish here or there.

Just got a few hundred pounds of ocean fresh bunker. Looks good enough to eat.

Bev, how much longer do you think you'll be getting fresh bunker?

I'd like a hundred lbs of fresh to freeze but don't want to wait too long.

My bait man says he will fish for bunker as long as I need it, as long as he is able to catch it, and as long as there is a demand or the fish may leave. No way to predict how the fishing will go on.

My bait man says he will fish for bunker as long as I need it, as long as he is able to catch it, and as long as there is a demand or the fish may leave. No way to predict how the fishing will go on.

Bev, your bunker is the BEST!!!...that ocean bunker is so much better then the stuff from the bay...not sure why, probably because it doesn't sit in the net or on the boat.

Hit the beach today with pop...I got 4 stripers, between 33 - 41...and a couple shorts and a mess of chompers...pop got some chompers too...felt very cold, but some excellent fishing!

the ocean bunker is probably actively netted, the bay stuff was likely pound netted which means the fish will likely be dead in the net for a while prior to being picked up and processed. It does make a difference.

the ocean bunker is probably actively netted, the bay stuff was likely pound netted which means the fish will likely be dead in the net for a while prior to being picked up and processed. It does make a difference.

yes it does...huge difference. That stuff is extremely firm...it takes a crab a little bit of time to pick it apart.

Bev, your bunker is the BEST!!!...that ocean bunker is so much better then the stuff from the bay...not sure why, probably because it doesn't sit in the net or on the boat.

Hit the beach today with pop...I got 4 stripers, between 33 - 41...and a couple shorts and a mess of chompers...pop got some chompers too...felt very cold, but some excellent fishing!

I second that I got some it was awesome bait!!Thanks Bev!!

Congrats to you and Pops on the catches!!

Headed out to the beach in mid O.C. about 7:30 this morning. Chilly 29 deg. wind blowin' hard out of the west. Right about slack low tide pulled in a 30" rock on a bunker head. After that it was spiny dogfish time could not keep them off. they were even going after the heads. Doggies cleaned me out of bait by 11:30. Rockfish tacos tonight. Will give it another go tomorrow morning.

John

PC110166.jpg.6e1b8dc060a0db07d66f8358c0a

Headed out to the beach in mid O.C. about 7:30 this morning. Chilly 29 deg. wind blowin' hard out of the west. Right about slack low tide pulled in a 30" rock on a bunker head. After that it was spiny dogfish time could not keep them off. they were even going after the heads. Doggies cleaned me out of bait by 11:30. Rockfish tacos tonight. Will give it another go tomorrow morning.

John

Nice catch! Man, I hate those spinies.

I just got off the phone with Bev at Harbor Tackle. Said the fishermen have't been able to get out and she only has bunker left from Monday. She said it was still firm. Does that seem a little old?

i wish we could get fresh bunker like that down here!!!

glad you guys are catching them up there, i have to wait a few more weeks before they get close enough to catch them out of the surf...

:icon_puke_r:

i wish we could get fresh bunker like that down here!!!

glad you guys are catching them up there, i have to wait a few more weeks before they get close enough to catch them out of the surf...

Andrew...you know Omega takes care of the fresh bait for us before we can get it.....:icon_puke_r:

Hit the beach today for a few hours, wind was blowing like mad. I was holding with 8s and 10s. Had 1 knock down and was able to land this 35 inch on a bunker head.. Right be for the rock hit I had a brave seagull walk right up to me a had him some bunker. I had one other knock down and I got it into the white water and it surfaced , big blue. broke the 60 lb leader and that was that.

1213091014a.jpg.c65a0878a1629400d1539d2a

1213091014b.jpg.e13e86f25ee3bc99e1f31daa

1213091629.jpg.2c40f91ac5ddc3d8fe7508c64