8 posts in this topic

Well the fishing is starting to heat back up. After the recent blows we have had, access to the beaches are opening and the fish are hungry. The big blues blitzed the Delaware beaches on Sunday and the Stripers usually are right behind them. Keeper flounder are also being taken from the surf.

Good Hunting:happy8:

I started out this morning at Herring Point just S. of the S. Jetty. The water was calm and clean but things just didn't look fishy to me. I fished three poles for about 2 hours, changing baits every 15 - 20 minutes without even a sniff.

I decided to pack up and head down to one of the DSSP beaches. I walked over the dune and set up shop. I'd done well at this spot before, so my confidence level was up. As I was setting up my second rod, I got a monster knockdown, but no hook-up. Again, I fished three rods hard for over two hours. Nothing.

I packed up again and headed even further south. I walked over the dune right at low tide and could not believe all of the varied structure, Just down the beach, I saw a giant hole. My pulse quickened. I'd never seen such a nice looking hole on a Delaware beach. Surely there were some fish here.

I set up one rod on the S. end of the hole, and one rod smack dab in the middle. Again, I fished hard for about two hours, changing baits every 20 minutes. The wind started picking up and it started to rain. Just then my OM doubles over, almost getting ripped out of the spike. Missed another one. A few minutes later I get two knockdowns at the same time. I quickly beached the first fish, as the guy from down the beach kept my second rod from gettting knocked over. Both fish were right about 32". I fished for about another half an hour getting a 35" blue. The guy down the beach hooked up a couple of times but had trouble beaching his fish. I gave him the last of my fresh bunker as I walked off the beach.

I got some great pics, but I am still unable to upload any.

Great report way to go find the fish. Hopefully there will be some beach for me to fish this weekend.

Great report Flatfish! I can only imagine the sight of the hole and you going nuts! Thanks for the report.

Hit DSSP today with a great friend who called me this morning. Thanks for the call Dude.

Got 3 nice blues almost back to back. Things really slowed up so we made a move. I got 1 more nice blue and 2 nice knockdowns and that was it for me. What a rough, nasty, rainy, windy day and I was loving it.

Plan to do it again tomorrow with him.

WTG Morty. I called and left a message and never herd back so I stayed home. Guess I should have came down.

WTG Morty. I called and left a message and never herd back so I stayed home. Guess I should have came down.

My phone is working half arsed as best. Sorry dude.