14 posts in this topic

....leaving the ramp @ Sandy Pt SP @8am, plan on staying till after dark 8)

gonna' be anchored off Love Pt chumming ALL day, fishing cut & live bait :mrgreen:

got room for 1, maybe 2 if the wife don't go :wink:

i'll be on the gunpowder searchin for bait, i mean trout.

HA! mdram - that's funny. Since I got into saltwater, that thought does cross my mind sometimes as I hold this beautiful (but small) natives in my hand...

Randy - sometime this summer I'd like to find a space on that boat of yours - sounds like great time, but alas I'm off to NJ this week to continue my striper hunt...

Roger, you'll be just up the bay from us, if you get board, give me a shout :wink:

Steve, when-ever you're ready, we got a spot for you 8)

actually i'll be up around monkton.

im new to this trout thing, but so far it seems nice. its a change from the salt, thats for sure, lol

Yes Mdram - apples and oranges really.

Randy, Do you make your chum or buy prefrozen stuff :?:

Randy, Do you make your chum or buy prefrozen stuff :?:

Well..... neither. I use a pre-fabbed chum I buy at BPS called "Glory Hole Dry Chum" comes in @ 5 flavors and I buy the 8lb tubbs and then "spice" it-up a little :mrgreen:

last a really long time and works really well, I'll use in thier chum tube but it's sometimes to small to fill wthout making a mess so I'll use my floating minnow bucket instead :)

also, I'll use my tried 'n true Sabiki rig to catch small bait fish like spot, bunker and perch and use them as live bait (on the hook) or cut bait (on the hook) or just tossing the chunks and left-overs into the chum slick :up:

I bought that dry chum last year, didn't work. looked at it and there was cat food in it. Buy a bunker chum ball at Ake's. Works much better.

Or...just take the right person fishing with you - feed them a greasy pork sandwich, and let them stand on the rail in 7 ft seas ;)

That is just TOO gross for prime time tv.....

(sans fear factor)

Or...just take the right person fishing with you - feed them a greasy pork sandwich, and let them stand on the rail in 7 ft seas ;)

I bought that dry chum last year, didn't work. looked at it and there was cat food in it. Buy a bunker chum ball at Ake's. Works much better.

WOW, I've been using it for 3 years and can't recall a time it did not help wth fishing, either in the bay or at the beach. may depend on which flavor you choose :?: I only use the Reef & Inshore or Shrimp but I do add some extra Menhaden Oil to the mix :wink:

The bunker oil may be the ticket......I might try it. I do like the IDEA of dry chum.

yeah, I'd say give-it a shot :v: Im off to BPS after work toget some oil and other supplies :wink: