Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

Stupid Human Tricks

5 posts in this topic

Ok, I KNOW I'm not the only one out there...

Share your embarassing or stupid human tricks with us!

about 3 months ago loaded up to go fishing, started to pull out of the driveway and heard something dragging. yep, you guessed it. I forgot to raise the outboard. bent the skeg and took off @1/16" off the bottom. got a 2x4, 5lb maul to straighted the skeg and a large file to smooth out the ruff spots. I felt like a real "dumb-ass" :oops:

Well, my most embarrassing moment is not related to fishing, but rather, candlemaking. I used to make candles. Then this new stuff came out...those clear gel candles. So you had to buy resin and oil and mix them together. I had 25 lbs of the resin in my car, just delivered that day (met UPS man on my way out the driveway). My car had a headlight out and I had the headlight in my car, but I hadn't replaced it. Sure enough, a cop pulls me over. He took one look at the back seat (the resin looks like cocaine!!), and before I knew it, there was a slew of cop cars...finally, I convinced them it was resin for gel candles because I had the packing slip! And they didn't even give me a ticket for the headlight.

You do not want to hear my docking stories! They are even more embarrassing, but funny!

Janice

I once pierced my eyebrow, with a fishhook. Guess that is what I get for not being in church on easter morning, and goin fishing instead. I was snagged in some brush and gave it a yank to try and free it up. Well, it let loose and smacked me right in the face. I did not here it drop into the water and quickly realized why. DOH! :oops: There was still some worm on with the pierced hook. Almost let it there for some styling looks, just not quite my style, anymore.. :lol:

Just recently,,,went to Harbor Tackle to get bait and ice and was excited and pumped up at the prospect of catching a red drum,,,I got the bait and went outside and got the bag of ice,,,I put the ice in the bait cooler and proceeded to leave the b&t shop,,,about 2 or 3 miles from the b&t, I realized that the bait was in the parking lot and had to turn around,,,lost maybe 10 minutes of fishing time,,,probably cost me that drum that was there 10 minutes earlier :D .