7 posts in this topic

Hello, Im thinking about fishing CHSP on friday for the first time. I have a beach permit and have been to Fenwick, 3R's, Key Box, but never drove on the beach in CHSP.. Any suggestions?

Keep the truck out of the water:icon_thumleft:

J/K The beach looked pretty good after the storm. Try to fish an outsuck off the beach.

Someone once told me that the beach in narrow and if youre out there during high tide you might get stuck. is there any truth to that?

North of Herring Point is the Navy Jetty. There has never been alot of beach there. After the storm there is even less now.

Herring Point seems to be alright, but after this last storm, there might be an issue at high tide with a NE wind and a new moon.

South of Herring Point is Gordons Pond. The beach flattens out down there, so there is a possibility of washover with the high tide with NE wind and a new moon as well.

I was told the beach was closed today. Don't know how much truth there is to that.

I just called and the beaches are closed. Reason I was given for the NE wind and high tide. I am sure the new moon isn't helping. They might open the beach this afternoon.

Call before you go to CHSP 1-302-645-8983

FYI for everyone.

The DSSP beaches are also closed. That is Keybox Rd to north of the IR Inlet, 3R's rd and Bethany/Fenwick area. I asked for a date when they will re-open. The answer was next week.

Call before you go 1-302-227-2800:icon_thumright:

I was wondering if this next front with the NE wind(s) and new moon were going affect the beach openings. Looks like it already has.

DMS #252

AMSA #1102

OBPA