39 posts in this topic

Pretty bad storm hit us last weekend but the beach is open. Lets hope we see some more stripers as we head into Thanksgiving. Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Hit the beach today for a few hours and caught some big chomper blues and one short. Chompers were tearing my rigs up...just wasn't prepared for it...water is clean and the park service seems to be working hard to get the beach entrance dry...used 10 oz to hold.

If you head out, be careful, lots of debris with some stuff sticking straight out of the sand.

Jim, last I heard was 21 but not sure...I stayed on the very top end.

Anyone ever use eels? I read about them all the time. Tried them once off the beach w/no luck. Since i have no Spot i was thinking of trying them again. Pat

Sounded like fun for the cost of a few rigs Coop.

Hoping to hit there Fri. - Sun.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

I'd like to congratulate Victor Hoffman, Lee Solomon, Sam Wanis, and Brandon Solomon for catching several fine striped bass today.

Nov21Rockfish.jpg.095d98a2210a5bc90e64d0

The fish shown in this photo measured in at 38", 38 1/4", 43 3/4", and 39 1/2". The largest of the fish, caught by Sam Wanis, weighed in at 29 1/4 lbs. They were caught in the Chesapeake Bay on trolling lures.

Man were the fish and birds goin crazy today.... the guys down from us were getting chompers ever cast. While watching them land one had a nice knockdown but it didnt quite take the head. So finally, three hours later we were listening to the ravens game when my friend took off for a pole. 20mins later he ended up with his biggest bluefish ever... he also got his biggest rockifsh ever yesterday so hes had a good week end...

Heres a pic of his 31in blue that weighed close 9lbs... Instead of a release we gave it to the nice old man fishing next to us, he told us about when he began fishing <acronym title="Assateague Island">ai</acronym> in 1943. He told us he enjoyed them so we figured he would like it. He fished hard but im not sure he had any good knockdowns. Also congrats to all tourney winners!!!

blue.jpg.feb77459ccda6120f8dd43e7d0df498

Yes, the birds were going nuts. I was loving it, the best bird action I have seen all year. Took Destiny down to try and get her a fall citation. Fished just north of the closure on the beach Sunday and din't do much. Saw alot of fish being caught, but not by me.

Around 3pm the NPS pulled up the closure and I pasked my stuff up and headed south just a bit. I knew just where I wanted to be. Destiny and I pulled in and in 30 seconds after the line was in the water, it was on. Destiny got her first bluefish citation of the year.

HPIM1638-1.jpg

The old man got one as well.

HPIM1641-1.jpg

I am not sure how far down the beach is open, but I would imagine it is way down there.:icon_thumright:

Congrats to all the winners and people who landed some fish this weekend.

Fishngrll422 and I Fished Sunday evening for a couple of hours at dusk. Caught a couple small stripers from 24 to 26". They were all nice and fat. The wind was strong out of the north and the stripers we caught were in close, right behind the break. All caught on bunker chunks, heads went untouched.

WTG all!

I'd have to say it was a blast watching those birds yesterday. Sorry I didn't stop and say hey Fin, fishingirlpa was set on shopping so I had to get off the beach. Glad to see most started to get'em. Best we managed was two doggies.

Did R&R ever manage a fish? Didn't see him reel a thing in.

DSM #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

I was at Point L. Saturday after 4:00 Pm and " nothing " nada, I try the H-tide and L-tide and still zero!!! no action...I didn't see any action for the other guys.

I hope the next time !!!!

WTG all!

I'd have to say it was a blast watching those birds yesterday. Sorry I didn't stop and say hey Fin, fishingirlpa was set on shopping so I had to get off the beach. Glad to see most started to get'em. Best we managed was two doggies.

Did R&R ever manage a fish? Didn't see him reel a thing in.

DSM #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

Two blues right before dark.. I took my two and Johns two over to my buddy to get smoked today!

maryland-bluefish.jpg.f7d0d0fba015e28bd2

and my first keeper of the year 21-22" (which I had to throw back, season closed)

maryland-surf-flounder.jpg.96364ccf3ba6b

Man, those blues are great smoked!!! Nice catches r&r...it was amazing how much flounder was in the water...and all good size. I talked to several people and they all caught at least one and some, even more, and they were all big. Wish the season wasn't over for em.

Man, those blues are great smoked!!! Nice catches r&r...it was amazing how much flounder was in the water...and all good size. I talked to several people and they all caught at least one and some, even more, and they were all big. Wish the season wasn't over for em.

Thanks, and a big Congrats to you also!!

Thats where they are now, a buddy of mine is smokeing them I believe over apple wood..

Fished with my brother and nephew...I ended up with a striped 30" and my bro got a super fat 23"...it was so fat it looked round.

Very nice day for catching...some grass but not to bad. Wish I could of stayed...bummer...everything looked perfect for catching.

Hit mid O.C. beach all day Wed. One 20" in the first 1/2 hour then not a bite the rest of the day. Hit AI for about 6 hours yesterday, crabs were tearing up the bait, heads were completely cleaned out or gone cut bait was not lasting 10 minutes. Tried a couple different locations, same all over. Getting ready to head out for a couple of hours again in mid O.C.

John

Headed out to the surf in mid O.C. Had only about 2 hour window because of winds and sandbars. My buddy Harry and I each caught a doggie then Harry caught a35.5 inch citation bluefish. He is a happy boy. He has been fishing for many many years and this is his first citation. Celebrating at the Bull later on.

ocean-city-bluefish.jpg.a024ca8f98c1ef20

John

Nice fish!!...man, you guys toughed it out in those winds today...blowing a gale out there and cold.