15 posts in this topic

Any of you experts on AI have any thoughts on the weather being created by IDA and how it may effect surf conditions later this week or this weekend. Planning to head down there this weekend from central PA and am hoping not to get blown out.

Well i just looked on noaa after reading this and they say its supposed to rain steadily almost all week and around sunday it should start to clear out a little.

A noreaster and a dropping barometer..... as long as the beach is open I'll be out!

Any local hotel recommendations, will need to pick up bait on the way out so I was thinking about staying in West OC.

Any local hotel recommendations, will need to pick up bait on the way out so I was thinking about staying in West <acronym title="Ocean City">OC</acronym>.

francis scott key for the hotel. You can usually get good bait at Harbor Tackle. They are both in West Ocean City.

Conditions will get worse as the week goes on, Tommorrow morning would be the time. Gail force winds expected from Wed afternoon till friday and then easing up by Sat. 13 ft seas subsiding to 7-11 on Sat.

So at 10-13 foot seas, how many ounces should I put on my rig? Maybe I will take an anchor and yak out my baits.

So at 10-13 foot seas, how many ounces should I put on my rig? Maybe I will take an anchor and yak out my baits.

if those forcasts (or models) turn out to be right, you should just stay at home.

10 to 14 ft seas is unfishable and the OSV zone will be closed. You might not even be able to get onto the walkon.

Thanks Jim, that was intended as humor, I will be staying home unless the seas change. I may try a few weeks after when I have time off again.

Thanks Jim, that was intended as humor, I will be staying home unless the seas change. I may try a few weeks after when I have time off again.

you can bring that Yak and i'll record.... youtube video of the week.

I was out in 6-9 seas last summer on my kayak in Nagshead after a big storm rolled through and thought I was done for. I could barely hold onto to my kayak getting beaten by big wave after big wave waiting to get a break in the waves to paddle out. Once I got out pas the first set, it was so choppy and rough I chickened out and looked for the first wave to ride in, paddled over the face, looked down, said I am too old for this and bailed headfirst. I am never doing that again. I only wish someone was filming that one.

rd, was hoping to head down myself from southern PA., but after seeing the latest report this morning, if you ain't there today it looks like a total wash until at least Sat.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

now...storm force winds almost until Friday...gust could be over 60mph...if this holds true...I would forget about this weekend...maybe Sunday, but I am sure that would be in question.

I am not an expert on weather. I am an expert on how the NPS does things. IMO, the beaches will be closed, just like last time.

Call before you come down.:hello: