8 posts in this topic

I have a question if someone please help Me...

I never been on Assateague Island, and I would like to go for sur fishing sometime ( Nov, 7-8 or 14-15 )....My questions:

IF I don't have 4x4 auto... can I found "walking" a good spot or do you need to go a good distance to find a good one ?....

and ... is Nov. a good month for fishing on the Island or it is early ?....

Please Thanks,

:fish::fish::blob1::blob1::blob1:

I have been to AI twice this fall, on state park side. Going this Sat to National Park, parking and taking my cart along the beach to wet a line not too far down. Follow the reports here; bottom line, you never know, but then again, that's what keeps us going back. (Tough to sell to my 12 year old son) It sounds like the vets that know what they're doing are catching fish every now and again; you can learn alot by visiting here quite frequently.

Every time I have gone we have caught fish...mostly blues in the surf on mullet rigs, occasional flounder (out of season), doggies. Haven't had anything that I want pick up an 8 and bait fishfinder yet...but there's always this Saturday.

Ok,

Thanks,

I didn't know ... It was two areas in the same Island " state park side and National Park side... I will do the same pull my 4x4 red wagon in the sand jajaja:blob1::hello:

Ok...

I google the assateague map and I see two ways to go to the AI...the end of 611 ( state park ) and the end of 175 ( national park )any diference ?...

Please thanks,:fish::fish:

Go to the national park side and park in the South Beach parking lot. Walkover the dune and setup wherever you think is best. There are always nice fish caught on the walkon beaches.

The only road that leads into the parks (On the MD side) is RT611. you crossover the Verazano bridge and about 700ft down the road is a right turn to get into the national park, or if you go straight it will take you to the state park.

Go to the national park side and park in the South Beach parking lot. Walkover the dune and setup wherever you think is best. There are always nice fish caught on the walkon beaches.

The only road that leads into the parks (On the <acronym title="Maryland">MD</acronym> side) is RT611. you crossover the Verazano bridge and about 700ft down the road is a right turn to get into the national park, or if you go straight it will take you to the state park.

Great, Thanks

Ok...

I google the assateague map and I see two ways to go to the <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>...the end of 611 ( state park ) and the end of 175 ( national park )any diference ?...

175 takes you to the Virginia end of Assateague Island (aka Chincoteague). 611 takes you to the Maryland end of Assateague Island where you have both Assateague National Sea Shore and Assateague State Park. Most people seem to fish the national park end.

The state park campground closed a couple of weeks ago. The national seashore has camping year round.

Good luck.

Don't just look at the south beach lot. I have caught fish at the north beach lot and the state park beach too. Look at low tide and pick out the best area. Doesn't have to be at south beach.