46 posts in this topic

There have been a few nice catches reported from the beachfront. Nice time of the year to wet a line....Feel free to post your reports here, fish or no fish.

Can't be because of weather...is this a typical closure? Not than I plan on walking that far this weekend anyway....

Hit the sand last night with the son (fishing every night ) soaked bunker heads for three hours and not a bump.. talked with the rangers and they closed the beach past marker 22 because of the high water during tides.. the ranger also said that they are monitoring the conditions every day.

tight line to all

Nice sized Stripers are coming out of the Choptank and schooling up. There have been reports of two mile long schools.

Also out of the mouth of the Pax River, following the ridges.

They are also out in the deeper water.

You don't need a bunch of bling (parachutes, umbrellas) dragging behind you. Drop a couple of Shad with about 10' of line between them on a three-way swivel. Fish deep.

As always, look for the top feeders tearing it up, they are out there.

Massive amount of bait balls out there, most with no predators in pursuit.

Gulls have been working big schools of Glass Minnows on the surface. I have worked a lot of those schools with only small Blues under them.

The MD/VA line has seen big schools of Stripers, good size to them.

Fished for a few hours before work this morning...some fish finally swam by my lines. I ended up with a fat 49", 43 lb's and my pop got a nice 32", 12 lb's and he lost one that didn't stay stuck. I'll post pics when I get home from work. Nice morning.

Very nice Coop and to your Dad as well! I am hoping they are sticking around for the tournament in 2 weeks!

Way to go Coop and Pops!

Looks like they're finally starting to trickle down this way from Jersey. This is just the vanguard of the larger schools. WOOOOHOOOO!!

beautiful fish coop..!!

good fishing for me today...29 and 33...the "bite" lasted about 5min, I was measuring the first fish and my other rod went down......whoa!:blob8:

lotsa crabs and the big doggies took over at dark...

Eric, saw you coming in as I was leaving...sure would be nice if we can get this kind of weather when winter comes...sure was a nice day...nice double header!

Congrads ,Coop to you and your dad nice fish you da man

Went out bright and early this morning in North Ocean City. Started at about 5:30 and didn't catch anything all day. However the guy next to me hooked up with a beast at about 8am. I held his pole for him while he went in the water to grab him up. It measured 44inches and weighed 30lbs. Great looking fish and to top it off it was the first rock he ever caught. Didn't get his name but he sure was happy. I took a picture on my cell phone to share with you guys. Get out there boys and get um. I plan on making another trip out tomorrow morning to try and get my 44 incher

5852a58570dcd_rockonnov72009.jpg.cccec55

Woah, now that's what I call cow tippin'!

Nice cow!

I've got another Buck's Place rockfish report

Gary Stag had this nice 46" 35 lb. Striper on 11/5. Bunker has been the bait of choice lately and we are doing our best to keep it in stock and as fresh as possible.

GaryStagAACrop.jpg.6763b2282337371e31c4a

went out yesterday eve for the first time in about a month, bunker was hard to get, and what i did get was mushy, caught one spiny doggie on a head, he measured in at 38", bait was being cleaned out in a matter or minutes, had to change heads every 10 minutes, isopods were thick in the bunker heads. odd seeing them this early in the season. no luck with the striped ones. I had to take a break after the drum tourney, i fished well over 650 hours this year, no drum, (little to be had), no striper this spring, but did have one heck of a season sharkin, got to the point to where i knew i was gonna get one just about every trip out, so hopefully i will get into a striper this fall. and if I dont it wont be for a lack of trying.

Well thought I was going to have to work today but turned out I didn't so figured it was time to do some fishing, so Chris Jr, hunter,ronnie & I headed for <acronym title="Assateague Island">AI</acronym>. After a stop at Bev's for some bunker we hit the beach, after makeing a few passes up and down the beach I found a spot I thought looked fishyyyyyy. Shortly after getting set up a friend of mine showed up from PA and set up camp next to us. It didn't take long to figure out we picked a good spot, before I could even get my second rod in the water my first goes off while I was talking to a friend and after a short tussel our first fish is on the beach a 44.5" 28.1lber.

After a few pics and getting the rods back in the water Johns rods takes a dive and he's hooked up with what turns out to be the biggest fish of thr day a 50"L 30"G 49.7lb cow!!!!

Then Hunter follows it up with a 24" striped one. It was a beautiful day got kick back with some friends and family it don't get any better.

Heres a few pics.

untitled1-1.jpg

100_23221-1.jpg

100_23231-1.jpg

100_23331-1.jpg