22 posts in this topic

There has been a few huge fish caught, but not in good numbers yet. The better fishing is just around the corner, trust me. Feel free to post your reports here.

Good luck:hello:

Ita abou time for me to get down there for some striped cows....im thinking this weekend. Cant wait. Is anyone cast netting anything in the bays???

Rrrrrrrrrrrr, GETTING SO ANTSY TO CATCH MY FIRST STRIPER OR FLOUNDER!!! Heck anything!

Sorry, had to vent! Cabin fevers getting really bad, hoping to sneak down there on the 14th or 15th...

My guess is, they will turn on for sure. I will be in Hatteras, looking for Mr. Red.:icon_tongue:

Fished finger mullet (float) and cut mullet (no float) at Conquest Rd yesterday, Sat 7th, from 1-5:30 with nothing to show for it. Crabs were bad on the rig with no float and only had one finger mullet cut in half by a blue and another very hard strike right at dark on whole mullet that didn't get the hook. Another walk-on fisherman next to me got a huge bite about 3PM and fought a blue about 10lb or so right to the wash. I had waders and he didn't so I went out to get his tail and get him over the drop off when his main line broke a few seconds too soon. Oh well... I figured that was a good sign but no one else nearby seemed to get anything that I could see the rest of the afternoon.

I talked to two other folks and they both said they have seen scattered large blues caught in the last few days and one fellow reported 3 from about 8-10 pounds in the 3R's area.

Nada! Fished just north of the walk-on at 3Rs yesterday from about noon until 4:30. Tide was outgoing at this point in time.

Water wasn't too dirty

Winds out of the SSW

Partly cloudy

Some grass being picked up but nothing too bad

Fished float rig/BFB with cut bunker/mullet rig/FF rig with bunker/heads. 4oz to 6oz seemed to hold depending on rig being used. Switched baits often between chunks and mullet fillets.

Only managed two skates for my efforts. Saw what appeared to be one decent sized striper pulled in just south of my location. Saw plenty of diving birds off-shore and several small schools of blues breaking almost within casting distance late in the day. Threw some metal out but didn't manage any strikes. All in all it was still a nice day to be on the beach.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

I fished thre delaware beaches from tower rd down to fenwick on saturday. 3 beaches for 3 hours each with the same result. SKUNK! Not even a nibble. I threw fresh heads and chunks.

I found some real nice spots like this one

DSCN0675res.jpg.948767ea6e22185d3b19db85

DSCN0676res.jpg.b98b0a6c9b1ad3b185eadc27

More of the same here crabs were so bad if you left the bait in longer then 5 minutes you came back with only the shell of a head. It was so bad at one point I went to big baits. Pretty much cut the bunker down the middle head half and tall half still over 5 minutes nothing left. Had one or two pull downs but my theory is the stripers were sucking up the crabs and missing the hooks.

Water is still to warm we caught a blue crab that was huge. You know the crabs are bad when you cant even catch a skate.

Jim

Saturday afternoon saw a 40" Stripper pulled in 30yards south of me. That was the only fish I saw pulled from the surf from Thursday afternoon to Saturday dusk. Thursday and Friday I only managed a couple sand sharks.

So I should get lots of crab bait if I head down Tuesday / Wednesday!!

Last chance of the year for me...

Man what great weather yesterday. If I could have called in sick, I would have. Funny thing is, I think I am now sick and have a sinus infection.

Anyway, still had some bait left over from the weekends events, so a friend of mine and I went to try our luck again at CHSP. I was finally able to get to my favorite spot on the beach, because no one was out last night.

I got to the beach around 5:15 and had SSE winds 5-10, water looked fishy and it was overcast. Spineys were the thick once again and the crabs were terrible. Around dark, I finally had a decent knockdown. Set the hook and it was on. Landed a nice 46" Striper.

I had one more knockdown as I was getting the hook out of the fish and missed it. It has been a very humbling experience this fall with not having many fish landed in the surf. I am thankful the fishing gods decided to finally smile on me. With the many, many hours and hundreds of dollars in gas and bait, the fishing gods finally had some mercy on me.

Sweeeeet!!! Way to persevere. Hopefully it stays consistent now with fish coming this way.

Nice fish Morty, I put 15 hours in that spot between Fri. and Sat. I must have chummed him in.

WTG Morty! Very nice fish indeed!

Was hoping to get down this coming wknd with the weather and all, just not sure now if the beaches are going to be opend or not.

DMS #525

AMSA #1102

OBPA

Nice fish you lucky !!!!!!!, See you soon.

I wish it was on the 1569, but that time will come. Thanks Stan:icon_salut:

Nice Fish!!

spent all day Tuesday before the blow feeding the crabs...... 3r's, the Point, and finally just before dark a doggie below Herring Point..... Did not even see a fish caught until right before I got mine. (doggies too) Did see something chasing bait off the Point late afternoon. Threw all in the box at em just no interest... Good Luck to all after this latest blow......