46 posts in this topic

:D Well, the striper migration should really start winding down within a week or two,,,kings are really starting to make a showing and are fun to catch,,,water temps are on the rise and we will soon be getting into the exciting summer fishing season,,,get your gear ready for some seriuos pullage :D ,,,with water temps on the rise, big pull is just around the corner.

Get your feet in the sand, go fish and have fun :D .

I hear 'ya Scott but I think my next trip down, Im bringin' the boat :!:

btw after 6 trips to AI this spring, "Barbs Beach Buggy" has @ 1/2 ton of sand in it, you guys want it back :?: :mrgreen:

we could prob start our own beach :wink:

Ya know, if you fill your back yard with sand, you don't have to cut it anymore = more time to fish. Win - win. :lol:

I think a couple of million tourists each year can cause a heck of a lot of beach errosion. I know I get a couple of pounds each time I visit.

Far as summer fishing goes what kind of fish can we expect to catch on AI? Havent had much luck with stripers but have caught a lot of kings in the past 2 weeks and some small blues and one nice shark I think it was a sand tiger but not sure.

kings, spot, hardhead, snapper blues, and flounder are the usual summer suspects,,,if the water really gets warm, you have a very slim chance of a pompano, they really don't come up this far,,,great little fighters,,,saw 2 caught a couple years ago off AI and were good size,,,I caught a mess of small ones down the obx,,,for big pull,,,sandbars, sandtigers, blacktips, spinners and a variety of large rays.

In fact this summer if the water really warms up in August, I may just drive down the md/va border on AI and try for some pompano,,,they love fishbites bloodworm variety and they love white water...thats another new goal for me this summer,,,catch a lost pompano :D .

Well, I think I may quit stripers on a good note and start focusing on toothies and other summertime fish,,,fished today from 6 am until noon,,,landed 3 fish all around 45",,,promised 1 for a good freind and let the others go,,,last fish was very interesting,,,she was putting up a good fight when all the sudden the line went completely slack,,,I mean nothing,,,I was reeling in quick and walking backward quick,,,nothing,,,I assumed a toothy cut me off and was a little ticked,,,well, I was just reeling in my slack line and had it almost to the beach when all the sudden big time tension,,,this striper swam so fast in he almost beached himself,,,I couldnt stop laughing when I saw it,,,he made another run back out to sea when he realized he may of went the wrong way,,,needless to say I was :lol: my but off,,,each fish fights different,,,amazing.

On another note, Kings were biting good in the early am and got several of those for some dinner tonight,,,another very good day,,,here is the pic of the fish I kept,,,another great day on the island.

june_1_103.jpg.12015da7ad927cc65cd696428

Simply unbelievable... How many times have you been out now with at least one fish? Gotta be quite a streak!!!

Wow, it just keeps coming......

Nice going Scott!!

Coop?

Do you remember what your wife looks like? :loveit:

Scott, Excellent catches man. I wish I could have joined ya, but work spilled over to this morning. I am heading out this afternoon to catch what you let go. :-)

Great Job, Scott! Your wife and I are going to make a perfume/lotion that smells like, fish bait, the beach, and did I say bait? This should keep you guys content when it is raining or too windy to go out. :lol::lol:

Ya know, if you fill your back yard with sand, you don't have to cut it anymore = more time to fish. Win - win. :lol:

:lol: good point, esp now since both my riding mower AND my push mower are both down :(

:lol: good point, esp now since both my riding mower AND my push mower are both down :(

Gee Randy - too bad you don't have a motor head in the family that could fix it :lol:

Gee Randy - too bad you don't have a motor head in the family that could fix it :lol:

:lol: Your Right :!: I don't how to fix'em, I'm just the driver :wink:

luckly, I have a good friend down the street thats fixxes anything from push mowers to big busses :mrgreen:

Carrie,

He has already proven that the wind is not a factor. That's what 10's are for.....

Next, he'll work on a shotgun launching system when the winds are above 40 knots....

Great Job, Scott! Your wife and I are going to make a perfume/lotion that smells like, fish bait, the beach, and did I say bait? This should keep you guys content when it is raining or too windy to go out. :lol::lol:

Carrie, I dont think I'll be needing any of that,,,I cant seem to get that bunker smell off of me now,,,people at work know I fish alot and kid me,,,they say I reak of fish :lol: .

Funny - i just got in from fly fishing in the back yard - now - think of it - fly fishing (i.e NO BAIT) - stream (i.e clean, clear drinkable water)...the only part of me that touched a fish was my right hand as I released the trout (i.e. one hand touching one very clean, non-smelling fish).

I come back in the house and my wife immediately says "GO TAKE A SHOWER or you're not sleeping in this bed"

Now - can you imagine what she says when I've been surf fishing all night????

:lol::lol:

Funny - i just got in from fly fishing in the back yard - now - think of it - fly fishing (i.e NO BAIT) - stream (i.e clean, clear drinkable water)...the only part of me that touched a fish was my right hand as I released the trout (i.e. one hand touching one very clean, non-smelling fish).

I come back in the house and my wife immediately says "GO TAKE A SHOWER or you're not sleeping in this bed"

... Yup! :mrgreen:

Dad and I headed out for a few hours this afternoon into the evening. We were inundated with skates for hours upon hours. I used heads until they were eaten up and we really didn't get any action until around dusk. When the tide began rolling in, dad caught a few kings and as we were getting ready to pack it up, his 12' Tica doubled over and line started disappearing. It wasn't a fish, but it wasn't a skate either. :-)

The first Butterfly Ray of the season! Now, the water is feeling more like sharks. :-)

6_1_06_054_164.jpg.1b6abbdedff490a64090a

Looks like ya all had some good time out on the beach, wish my truck was not sick.

butterfly ray :D ,,,YESSS,,,big critters are right around the corner,,,nice to here.

Hit the beach yesterday and the first thing that happens is some guy runs up to me as I'm airing down and asks if I have a cell phone to call for help for his friend well I'm going is anyone hurt and he said no but his friend got his Hummer stuck in the surf, so I make some calls to get the rangers notified then give this guy a ride back to where his friend is stuck and sure enough the Hummer is in the surf facing south getting hit by waves as they break on the shore. Well I tell owner of the truck that he's stupid to think that a Hummer can go anywhere, not much he could say to me on that. Well I'll post pics later to night. Now back to fishing got there around 7am and in about 45 min had a nice 39 in rock hit and to make a long day short only one skate after that.

Glad to hear you got a fish! Looking forward to the pics. :-)