7 posts in this topic

Did the dawn patrol yesterday morning at Lynnhaven Inlet. Had the waders on and arrived before 6am.

Nothing happening till the current started to move fast, then I picked up a small flounder and a 13" Speck, both released to grow up. Switched over to a mirrolure and got two more specks about the same size and left around 10:30am.

Came back on the PM Patrol to the same area and manged 5 more specks all under 14" and released another small flounder and a beautiful 17.5" flounder right beside the grassline. This flounder had two tasty fillets on him and was THICK, but he had to go back and grow some more! Truly is a shame to toss back a nice flounder like that with the 19" limit, but what do you do??

Bucket joined me and nailed a small speck as well. Nice day on the water and the specks likes the red jig head and white Gulp in the PM session, as did the flounder.

Bout time to do some night time rocking by the base of the <acronym title="Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel">CBBT</acronym>!

should have gave me a ring steve, me and part of the crew was out, only got a few small ones all tagged and released.

Steve it was good to see you out there as well as the other 'retired crew' of which one of them actually showed me that spot about 15 yrs. ago. Nothing for me that day but it doesn't discourage me from going back because of past years results the Specks should be there until the H2O gets down to 55*F and if there is a hit-and -miss (AKA you should of been here yesterday) species Specks are sure one of them.

It was the first time in 3-4 yrs I've fished that spot in waders instead of the yak because of the 'restrictions' but the up side to that is I've found 2 or 3 different spots to wade-fish during that time to add to the number of possibilities so now if the wind blows from just about any direction I've got a fishable spot to spend time.

Probably spend a 'long lunch' there tomorrow ..................... :icon_wink:

Yeah, hit & miss at its best!

I'll be back at it there at some point this week!