6 posts in this topic

:D I was with Igormothra last night when he ran into Sam. I got caught up in the excitement with all the talk about shark fishing, but then I had to laugh to myself about standing in the surf up to my thighs only to realize later that they had chum in the water to attrack sharks. My son assured me that a shark wouldn't be interested in me! I caught my first dog shark yesterday and lots of skates. Sure hope I can catch something worth taking home to cook for dinner! Since my husband doesn't like to fish and isn't keen on me taking our SUV out onto the beach, I bought myself a Reels on Wheels cart to lug my equipment down the beach a ways. It works pretty good. My son has taught me how to fish at the inlet and on the beach, but I still need a lesson on bridge fishing.

My middle son is a bass fisherman in the Pittsburgh, PA area. I'm in a competition with him, trying to see how many bass I can pull out of the Pocomoke. So far he is winning. We call our competition the T/O Classic. Everytime I'm fishing with Zech and he catches the first fish, he says, "That's One"! I finally got to say "That's One" when I was fishing with him at Lake Arthur in April and pulled in the first bass. But he won that tournament - 41 to 14!

I'm looking for some places other than the Pocomoke to do some bass fishing in this area - where you don't need a boat (on my wish list). With two sons to keep up with, I have had to buy a lot of fishing gear. Thank goodness my youngest son hasn't caught the bug yet - but when he does, I bet he gets into fly fishing so I'll have something else to learn and more equipment to purchase.

Anyway, it was nice to meet you last night, Sam. Now I have to check into what all is needed for shark fishing on the beach - but as much as I like kayaking - I don't think I'll be asking to run the bait out.

Hello Oceanoma!

Glad you came aboard!

We'll be having fun on the beach this summer bringing in the big ones, for sure....

As for freshies, head over to the Freshwater area and take a cruise through. Plenty of places to have a "Bass Attack".

Enjoy your stay here and visit often!

ditto, :welcome: aboard :!:

Pocomoke is a great Bass fishery. I used to fish it alot, you should do well there and all around Ocean City, also there are some nice ponds in Ocean Pines off RT589 that you can try and you dont need a boat :!:

good luck, thanks for stopping by and don't be a stranger 8)

Welcome oceanoma,,,shark fishing provides alot of pull during the summer,,,it's exciting stuff :D and can be done casting from the beach.

Welcome and it was nice to meet you. We will have some fun this summer.... Stay tuned. :-)

Welcome aboard...im one of the "new" guys thats trying to get into sharking this summer so hopefully we'll see you out there sometime! have fun on the sand but be safe!