6 posts in this topic

I have the oppurtunity to aquire a Breakaway LDX shortly. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this rod and could give their opinions. In the past I usually spent more $ on my reels than on my rods as I was hard pressed to see some of the finer or subtle differences in action etc. I was considering this rod to work on my distance which isnt what it used to be when I started surf fishing when I was 13. I look forward to your comments and opinions.

Rich

Hi Rich

i have the breakaway HDX,paired with a Penn525Mag and i love it!!! once i got the knack of loading it; it will really put it out there.i'll be down on AI. fri. and sat. if you get a chance stop by and try it out.i drive a red toyota tacoma with a hard tonnoue cover.

Bill

i havn't used one personally, but I have heard of lots of people who do use them and love them.

I like the blanks but the installation of components are suspect, at least mine were on the ldx...guides not properly aligned and runs of epoxy on top of guides. If you decide to get one, make sure everything looks good. IMO, LDX can cast up to a total of 6oz...beyond that, the rod is just to weak. It'll cast light stuff extremely well.

Bill

Thanks for the offer and the info. I can't make to AI this weekend but maybe I can take you up on your offer in the future.

Scott

Thanks for the input. I will watch for those things when I buy.

Have an LDX that I currently use. Had it for I guess almost 3 years. It's a good 3-5 ounce distance rod. Works best for me with 4 ounces. I have the spinning variety. Use it with a Daiwa Emblem Pro. Used it to death and itstill looks new. Wash it down after each use with Turtle Wax Car wash. Only thing I changed was the length of the butt. I cut it down 2 inches. Makes it easier for me to handle. Good luck if you get one.