10 posts in this topic

I was at the west <acronym title="Ocean City">OC</acronym> ramp on Sunday and talked to a guy who said he had notified DNR after seeing people on top of the south jetty keeping undersized fish. A little while later, here comes the boat with the suspects, about 10 of them. DNR jumps out on them at the ramp and a DNR boat pulls in behind them. After checking things over, out comes the citation books. Next thing you know, DNR takes most of them and the boat away, presumably to the DNR office. A couple of their cohorts had driven into the lot just before the poachers arrived-I'm guessing they were there perhaps to quickly spirit away the fish while the rest of them pulled and secured the boat. Not this time, boys...

Great job, DNR!

very good news!!!!!!!! they been pillaging that south jetty for far too long.

+1 on the good news, people like that have earned every bit of whatever penalty they get and probably more for all the previous times they've gotten away with it.

I keep DNR on speed dial. I think the moral of this story is that we need to call in when we see this kind of stuff. DNR has a lot less on their plate now that the summer is behind us, and they are willing and available to investigate. We collectively have a lot of eyes out there and can help put a dent in this problem if we keep chipping away at it. Tog are going to take a helluva beating now that most everything else is off-limits.

I wish we had a DNR down here, we have marine cops, but they dont always come when a report is made, i dont think there is enough of them...

good job though on that!

Question?....

Who you call ( DNR ? )...Where you call ... is a general number.

Each place is different ?...I camp-Fish from sandbridge to Point Lookout and I see this A LOT... at the pier, surf ...

Do they have a website to go and get info... ?

If I can...I will help.:director::director:

24 HR Communications

And Dispatch

Department of Natural Resources

Maryland Natural Resources Police

Tawes State Office Building E3

580 Taylor Avenue

Annapolis, MD 21401-2397

410-260-8888

Eastern Region-Hillsboro 410-758-2874

Eastern Region-Salisbury 410-548-7071

Central Region 410-356-7060