11 posts in this topic

...nice site 8)

I do fish, have a 2003 19' Sea Pro center console. fish the upper/middle Chesapeake Bay and Ocean City. lookin' forward to contributing :D

Hello Randy,

Welcome aboard!

The fall season is just around the corner, are you ready?

Happy fishing!

Steve...

Hello Randy,

Welcome aboard!

The fall season is just around the corner, are you ready?

Happy fishing!

Steve...

hell yeah, just got back from a 2 week trip in OC. wife caught more fish than I :oops: , but we still had a great time :lol:

What kind of fish did you (your wife :D ) catch? Did you fish the bays, surf, offshore, the pier, inlet? I love to hear fishing reports! How did you hear about the site? :D

What kind of fish did you (your wife :D ) catch? Did you fish the bays, surf, offshore, the pier, inlet? I love to hear fishing reports! How did you hear about the site? :D

not sure, wife sent me the link this mornong :lol:

now ALL the fishing we did over the last 2 weeks was in my boat, we fished back bay mostly and 2 days went off the beach.

off-shore, we caught a few small sharks, drifting live spot @8lbs each. no big deal, it was a tad rough, large ground swells which didn't bother me but the rest of the party wasn't happy about-it :lol:

back bay was a whole 'nother story. again, weather played a big factor as it was blowing out of the N to NE and made fishing tuff. water was very dis-colored but we still caught some sharks in the back bay near the inshore "parking lot" (28th st) and some throw-back Flounder outside of Bahia Marina.

we caught alot of our live bait(minnows & grunts) in a trap at my father-in-laws place up on 28th st. also, almost ALL of the live Spot we were using were caught by my wife. she was using a Sabiki rig, tipped wth "Fishbites" bloodworms :shock: she was catching Spot 2 & 3 at a time. she had a blast, catching us live bait 8) and Phillip and I just driffed the live bait from outside of Harbor Island down to the Rt 50 bridge. I did loose a few Bluefish (I believe) due to short bites (no tails on the spot that were lipped hooked) switched to body hooking the spot, but no takers after that. well that's @our 2 weeks inna' "nut shell", I'm still at work and between selling parts on the net and answering fones, its taken me @1/2hr to type this :lol:

Randy,

Got a solution for those tail nippers.

Take a second hook, secure it to the first and run it to just behind the anal opening and attach it with a rubber band.

I do something close to that when live-lining Mullet.

Randy,

Got a solution for those tail nippers.

Take a second hook, secure it to the first and run it to just behind the anal opening and attach it with a rubber band.

I do something close to that when live-lining Mullet.

sounds good, gotcha' :D

Welcome aboard Randy! Looking forward to your posts.

thanks :D too bad I didn't find this forum before my 2 week vacation to OC earlier this month, could have met-up wth you all and had a few drinks :wink: prob sat next to you at a traffic lite and didn't even know it :lol:

also of note, my wife and I are looking to move to OC in the next year or 2 and we were in Ocean Pines looking at homes 8) NE-way, my eastern shore trips are @done for 2005. will be fishing the Chesapeake bay in the up-coming weeks for Stripers and the the western shore rivers for Pike & perch.

With your upcoming fishing and on finding something in Ocean City...I lived there for a few months but didn't like it...too many people!

Janice

With your upcoming fishing and on finding something in Ocean City...I lived there for a few months but didn't like it...too many people!

Janice

ok, thanks 8) I know how it is, we used to live in "Slow Hill" :lol:

you just have to know when and where to avoid all the tourist :wink: