3 posts in this topic

Been living on the Eastern Bay now for the past 10 years. In all those years I have never seen the EB water more clearer than this past few weeks.Friends of mine have been in 25+ feet of water and watch crabs scurrying on by. Reminds me of Fla. waters.On another note this has been the worst summer for fishing from or neighborhood since I moved in here. Seamed like our boat basin was void of life other than the ones that swim in with the tide. I throw my net around there all the time and in years past I caught everything under the sun and a lot of em. THis year NOTHING! Go figure. Now out in the Eastern Bay in deaper water they were doing pretty well the head boats and anglers alike.

ALso saw no grass at all in the EB not a strand. The only place I saw bay grasses this year were in small tidal pools. Crabs were of the charts this year . A frind of mine runs a trot line for fun and he said in a single pass he got a bushel. Never has the crabbing been better the last few weeks (died of now with the cooler water). What does all that mean.....Not sure one area does incredibly well where other areas are non existent. Not sure of the correlation other than the lack of grasses and fish in the shallows.

I believe that the fish were hit hard in the EB and surrounding ares. Seen gill netters and at least 4 head boats that hit the surrounding area almost every day, not counting all the boaters and people who fish from shore. Makes you wonder how these fish ever get through.

Well just thought I would leave a note here mainly about how clear the water is in the EB pretty darn cool. Not sure how it will look after this rain but it did pretty well after the previous storm that went through here last weekend.Fished in the Narrows and it was like the water was transparent saw at least a dozen whooper crabs on he surface cruising on by. Wish I had my net . If ya get a chance check the EB :glasses1:out.....................::glasses1:

:drunken_smilie:I crabbed there as a kid,Walking thru the shallow water with a bushel basket in a inner tube tied to my belt.My brother pushed a roller net thru the grass and got the soft crabs,and I would dip the big Jimmy's that would let go and run.