5 posts in this topic

Oh yea....the xtreme one....striper dave was out on the jettie in heavy winds and waves castin for some stripers. I saw an older friend of mine on the way out and he was very skeptical as to anything biting. Im sure i had a few other skeptics observing as well. It was just about high tide and the jettie was almost covered. Waves were splashin and winds were kickin from the south. My kinda weather, lol. Makes for some xtreme fishin. So i carefully made my way to the end of the jettie, and started castin. Nothin for the first 30 min or so. I started headin back castin along the way, as the jettie was disapearing. Got about 2/3rds of the way back and started castin again inlet side. Watched a striper follow it up to the rocks and hit it. Missed'em, daggonit. So i continued, third cast after the miss and boom hooked'em up. Hit right next to the rocks. Carefully released, and i was satisfied. And a salute to the skeptics.

jettie.jpg.9f71aaac003c29260eb9bae5f1a09

Always nice to play with the fishies....

But not too closely, were you wearing a PFD on the rocks with the "xtreme" conditions??

Each and every day, I hear CG calling out a PIW (Person in the Water).

And quite often, almost daily, it's a body.

joo r a funny guy mang.....had my korkers on but no bfd, i mean pfd....

thanks for the concern

Quite often, almost daily, a body? I believe in using common sense and being carefull, but I havent seen that, maybe I need to watch the news more often. In my 50 years of fishing and walking slippery jetties I've seen the coast guard bring in one body.....but if you say so