11 posts in this topic

awesome day of fishin yesterday at the mouth of the south. fish/birds everywhere. we had a blast. here are a few pics.

striperdave

5852a58467941_102109southriver005.jpg.f7

5852a5846ab7f_102109southriver004.jpg.23

5852a5846f25f_102109southriver008.jpg.e6

5852a58473c01_102109southriver007.jpg.05

Same thing in the Choptank. Trolling bucktails we had a dozen in the 26 to 30" range in two hours.

What time of day and how much water? N-S troll, or following contours?

I worked From Stone Point yesterday down 8 miles then across to the Pax, and up to Cove Pt.

Nada.

Chartruse Chutes and Crip LY.

16-19' of water south of the mouth of the south, lol. we were just following the birds and castin rattles and swim shads. then we slow trolled with same over to next pod of birds/fish pickin fish up along the way. there was a parkin lot of boats and we just stayed to the outside of the others and hooked up.

federalsburg tim,

way to go, its a blast this time of year hookin up like that huh? major adrenaline rush.

you guys ever fish tangier sound? thinking of taking my boat over Sun. putting in around crisfield or deal island. Any advice? Small boat 19' light tackle.

pwf,

follow the birds if you can find em. any rip currents or structure showin up on finder. 15-30' of water i would search also. wind is kickin from the south find some cover :icon_pirat:

Following the birds...

I have jumped a bunch of birds many times and found them chewing on Glass Minnows, with no predation from below. I just see 'em "glassing" across the surface, no real fleeing or jumping.

Yeah, I've seen many frenzies with Blues going airborne, just haven't seen any yet this year.

Seems like there is an overabundance of bait lately, big bait balls everywhere with no predation occurring.

Steve, We got a late start, didnt get the boat in the water till about 10 AM. We were north of the cambridge bridge near Secretary. Watching the finder we found a nice mound that was 14' on top then droped off to 35'. We just kept making passes over it, we could see the rod tips bouncing as the weights hit bottom coming across the top, when they stoped moving as they came off the peak, it was on almost every time. Fishing 4 rods and at one point we had 3 of'em go down at once, pretty awsome stuff.......White bucktails, outgoing tide.

Ya know I have a whole tray full of bucktails and I swear the only way i have caught fish with it is by putting a bass assassin on it . Just throwing a plain buck tail out there has got me a whole lotta nothin. I do buy ones that look good (at least it caught me )but not getting anything with them. So I usually use just plain bass assassin,or a curly tail jig, top water plugs, gotchas and repala type lures. Been doing pretty well in the Eastern Bay following the birds. No monsters but when you get into a nice school they all seam to be the same size. Not sure what the rest of the bay looks like but this is the clearest I have ever seen the EasternBay. On a calm day you can see 20 feet down. Pretty darn cool, makes me feel like I am in Fla.